Modding help

SmoothSniper

Please someone help me to download a mod I cant understand what to do its this are the instructions : 1. Add the following line to your QAR_Tool's dictionary.txt if you haven't already:

/Assets/tpp/pack/player/parts/plparts_ddf_venom
2. Unpack chunk0.dat with the QAR Tool (See the QAR Tool readme)
3. Copy this archive's "chunk0" folder contents into the "chunk0" folder extracted in step 1, Replace existing files (ensure to have back ups of them).
4. Repack chunk0.dat with the QAR Tool (See the QAR Tool readme)
Can someone give me a tutorial I can understand to complete this?

Here is the quar tool. http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/13/?

Which will have a file called "dictionary.txt" it opens with any text editor, notepad. So copy that line and paste it in there, save.

For step two, use the quar tool to unpack your data, the designated file chunk0.dat. Using the quar tool is simple, just read the "read me" file present in the download. In your master file, you will then have a new yellow folder called chunk0.

For step 3, copy the chunk0 folder from the mod, and paste into the new yellow chunk0 folder made by using the quar tool.

Step 4 is putting it all back together, so using the quar tool again (read it's "read me" on repacking). And you're all set to go.

Always make backups of anything you alter before, which will save you a lot of time if there is a problem. Hope this help.

i've done exactly what the read me says and i cant repack any files. does the destination of where the qar tool/zip/readme/etc. matter? does it have to be in the c: drive? i saved mine in the master folder for MGS_TPP. no im not dragging the chunk into the folder im dragging it directly into the program.

• 4 weeks later...