Help with Wrist Irons Please?

mirohalia

Hello, I have been having a problem with the wrist irons clipping through my wrists. The same thing happens on XBOX and PC alike.

I have never found a solution, or anyone else having the same problem, so I am confused. They only clip during hand-to-hand, which is my primary mode of attacking.

From what I can see looking at the vanilla wrist irons in NifSkope they are rigged to the hand bone, which is why you see that clipping when the hands are flexed for fisticuffs. If they were switched to the arm bone the clipping would be through the hand when flexed. Not sure how to fix that.

One suggestion is to use the leather bracers, only switch them to clothing instead of armor (I take it you're using the wrist irons to keep 100% spell effectiveness). That will require some work extracting the leather bracer NIF from the vanilla game Oblivion - Meshes.bsa file and then using the Construction Set to add a new clothing item to the game using that mesh.

If you're not concerned about maintaining 100% spell effectiveness then you could use the leather bracers in place of the wrist irons. They can be bought at The Archer's Paradox in Bravil or can sometimes be found in random loot (rare) or on Jalbert in the lowest level of Vilverin. A set enchanted with fortify hand to hand can be stolen from Branwen's chest near her bedroll in the Arena District.