Names

AurianaValoria1

Martellus. That's all i got for a name for my soon to be Skyrim character. I suck at coming up with names.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corakus.Yes this is also the name I use for my main characters in almost every game I play.It was one that I invented along time ago, it's based off of my real name, Corey.I also use it as an online alias so if you ever see a Corakus in another game you can bet it's probably me, but not always.For the record, it's pronounced "Cor-rock-us/Corrockus" not "Cora-Kuss" which is always what people seem to assume is the proper pronunciation.In the TES games, I frequently use this name for my Breton Mages.For a Nord, I would probably use Yggdrasil or Ysmir.For orcs I would make something up on the spot that sounds like something somebody regurgitated like "Uggra-Krug" or something like that.Imperials almost always seem to get something like "Imperator" or even "Caesar".Dark Elves get "Drizz" and Wood Elves might get "Legolas" or sometimes even "Colm".Yes I know, I'm not very creative.

I usually make my first playthrough with the native race, and a fitting name.

Morrowind: Raveren Lindori (Basically Indoril Nerevar backwards/mixed. He was a High Elf, or chimer. My first character was Dunmer, but I probably named him Subvert since this was my first introduction into TES universe)

Oblivion: Bradus Allinicus (Imperial with a Roman-esque spin on my own name)

Skyrim: Brodd Ormrsson (I did a little research on "Viking" names, or scandanavian names, and found "Brodd", which is pretty close to Brad. I also tried to follow with the northern Germanic way of using "son" or "dottir" as a suffix to the father's first name, and "Ormr" is apparently old Norse for "dragon", or more literally "worm" or "serpent". So "Brodd Ormrsson" is actually "Brodd Son of Dragon")

Of course, Subvert is always my maxed-stat/do everything/collect everything character on my third playthrough.