Construction Set Saving Difficulties

Kvatch132

I'm new to modding so please if I write stupid stuff, you know why.

Okay, the problem I'm having is with saving in the CS. When ever I save a project, it actually saves - nothing wrong there. BUT if the CS crashes, (as it usually does) or I have to turn off the computer, after I turn it back on again, I go to load the file. When I load the file again, I do all I want to it and finish the mod off but when you save again, then activate the newly saved Esp in the Data Files and go to where i've made the mod in Oblivion, nothing is there. So then all I'm left with is a half finished mod that I can't do anything more to.

Help? Thanks, Kvatch132

What OS are you running on, cause I've had problems like this in the past on Vista and 7.

My problem was that I saved the mod, and everything was fine. But, if i went into my Oblivion folder and looked for it, it wouldn't be there. It was only accessible via the CS.

Fixing this, meant that I'd have to loose all of the mods that I'd made myself.

Please note: The may be a waste of time for you cause you've got a different problem;.

Simply re-install Oblivion into a different installation directory. Try installing into your Documents Folder.

Oblivion should be installed outside C:\Program Files\... or C:\Program Files (x86)\... or you will have problems with the Microsoft security feature UAC 'ghosting' things into a hidden folder. The Documents or My Documents folder is not recommended. C:\Games\Oblivion is the preferred choice. One of the moderators here bben46 has post this uninstall/re-install guide to help get the job of moving your Oblivion install done correctly and completely.

I dont think its anything todo with where I'm saving. (If you ever want to see files that are hidden, click 'Compatability Files' and it comes up with hidden stuff.) I just want to know how to save a mod that has already been worked on succesfully. It's very frustrating. I think they got 8 year olds to help them make CS and let them decide what todo.

I'm new to modding so please if I write stupid stuff, you know why.

Okay, the problem I'm having is with saving in the CS. When ever I save a project, it actually saves - nothing wrong there. BUT if the CS crashes, (as it usually does) or I have to turn off the computer, after I turn it back on again, I go to load the file. When I load the file again, I do all I want to it and finish the mod off but when you save again, then activate the newly saved Esp in the Data Files and go to where i've made the mod in Oblivion, nothing is there. So then all I'm left with is a half finished mod that I can't do anything more to.

Help? Thanks, Kvatch132

On my machine I don't get crashes in the CS. Oblivion ... yes, to an extent that's part of the 'Oblivion experience', but not in the CS. The crashes are telling me all is not 100% with your CS.

The other thing that comes to mind is where are the 'saved' assets not showing up. An explanation ... After I'd installed Battlehorn Castle and completed the quest I figured it would be an ideal spot for me to 'make my home' (I've got all the vanilla homes but none are as spacious as Battlehorn). I fired up the CS and with Oblivion.esm, DLCBattlehornCastle.esp checked but not active I proceeded to add content to the castle. When I saved and then checked in-game there was nothing. That was when I found out about De-Isolation. I'm not sure if this applies to your situation at all ... just throwing it out as a possibility.

Edited by Striker879