The Beautiful Genie of the Lamp + Portable Home Mod

Aromov

Here's another mod idea. A mod that adds a short questline where you journey down a treacherous cavern to seek a magic lamp that both spawns a wish granting female genie and functions as a portable home for the player.

Through dialogue options, the player should be able to spawn items and gold from the genie but seeing as this might be too much work programming her to spawn every single item in the game, maybe give her the option to summon things like daedric weapons and armor, strong potions, food, drinks, jewels, soul gems and lockpicks.

The interior of the genie's lamp should have an Arabian decor

Woohohooo! This one! This one! Genious! :dance:

Should be pretty easy to do, too. Excluding the caverns part, of course. I suck at dungeon design and building. :facepalm:

Scripting it should be pretty close to a piece of cake if every item does not need to be included and a "random" aspect is added to the items, in which case a leveled list can be used - and easily modified by the user, or others, through a Wrye Bash filter-type plugin, for example. Or editing the mod in the CS. Stroti has the "Ardah" island with some Arabian style stuff, too, so that should be available easily. If permissions allow it, which I think/hope they do.

But where to get a HAVOK'ed lamp mesh for the misc item world object model? There is a light source one from Stroti, but I have not seen one with physics. Is there one? Anyone seen one anywhere? :ermm:

Should be easy enough to make a clutter item out of Stroti's Aladin lamp :wink:

Edit: I just remembered the "Order of the Dragon" (Orden des Drachen). There was a lamp and a genie :D

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/zBd6nnQXsxTXW7MlIcM31tMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Edited by Tamira

Oh. Ah. Well. I think I will still do this thing. It might be a bit different in design, maybe.

Thank you for letting me know about that, Tamira. I have not played the Order of the Dragon yet, but if it has a real genie with a bottle, I will definitely check it out one day when I have the time. It looks... genious. :woot:

Edit: Also, a great screenshot you have there. Must have taken some time to take.

Edited by PhilippePetain

I know of a few player homes made by Lemunde where you purchases a book and having that book on you adds a teleportation spell to your spell list.

If I may give you a few changes to what your requesting, Start as Tamira said using Stroti's Aladdin lamp. You can have the lamp washed ashore on say Anvil Harbor near the light house. Adding it to your inventory would give you two spells "Summon the Genie" and "Teleport to the lamp". The genie could function as both a companion and a shop keeper that will buy all your items off you. The lamp can be a treasure cave full of gold and gems with some rooms that look like something out of Ali Baba's place.

I have no skills at making any 3D models, sorry. But I have already been given a very good plan on how to implement it, which involves the bottle Striker linked earlier, so I will go with that one now.

But when the thing is ready, people are free to make it into something different if they want. This is Oblivion, after all. Mods can be modded, too. :thumbsup:

Ah. Of course you can convert it, Tamira. It would be great if you would. :dance:

I am not an expert with smileys, so apologies for not understanding it. Maybe it was just me being stressed about the whole .nif thing; I would like to learn how it works, but I still do not have enough motivation to spend all the time it would take on it when I have a boatload of other more interesting and entertaining things to do. Although I must admit I can actually change textures and such in NifSkope (the easiest thing to do with it), but that is where it ends.

The mod will be using OBSE anyway, so it is possible to have multiple choices for the mesh (and icon) with a simple number in a text file to change between them. And that is what all the ini files in the mods are intended for, right? To make it possible for the mod maker to avoid the difficult decisions by giving the user a ton of options to choose from, so as to properly confuse them?

So it can still... be? Could it... ? Never say never? :unsure: