Centered 3rd person camera mod

ThunderCAP

Hello,

Like previous Fallout/ElderScrolls games, I will pretty much refuse to play till the "centered 3rd person camera mod" comes out. I never use mods in games, even so the first mod I felt "forced" to apply was that one and Bethesda games lose 50% of graphical and gameplay fun without it, for me personally. I know it's one of the most downloaded mods usually, therefore I'm not the only one that thinks the camera should always be centered (first or 3rd person).

Previous times it came pretty much at day one (or two), I never had to wait long, but I open this topic because the sooner it comes, the better.
I'll probably just create the character and go in 1st person the first steps till I can enjoy the full game through 3rd person with that mod.

As the graphic engine seems to be pretty much the same, this should be easy for whoever did this before, therefore I ask you to make that mod as soon as possible for all of the players which never understood why we should play with a visual handicap on one side of the monitor (the only true reason is the "cinematic view", which is not enough good reason for me to delete immersion, proper aim and destroy movement precision).

Thank you in advance, I hope it's not too difficult to implement as it's just a few values changes with camera's position I guess.
Bye.

I'm, all for options when it comes to 3rd person camera viewpoint.

From streams I peeked at, 3rd person camera seemed about right for my personal tastes (as slightly off center) other than fact I never saw anyone zoomed out as

far away as I would prefer when going across country or down some road in a crowded town/city.

Need more zoom out range, based on what I saw. But, those were console streams.

Meh, 23 or so more hours to go before I find out.

im here to add to the request, at least show us where in ini to set the camera angle in third(I couldn't find it)

And yet another (unheard of right) complaint against game devs FORCING this s#*! angle on us. It feels unnatural, it causes nausa and headaches, and when you CAN handle the off kilter/weird angle, you end up walking into walls, getting stuck on enviroment, and having half your view blocked by your character.

Please devs STOP FORCING this shitty looking off the shoulder camera angle. It does NOT make your game look 'moar awesomesauce'

I whole heartedly agree. The first thing I tried to mod was the 3rd person camera by trying some settings from Skyrim's ini. These are NOT necessarily the same in Fallout 4.

[Camera]

fOverShoulderAddY=0.0000

fOverShoulderPosZ=10.0000

fOverShoulderPosX=0.0000 --------this is the setting that controls the camera offset when unarmed

fOverShoulderCombatAddY=0.0000

fOverShoulderCombatPosZ=10.0000

fOverShoulderCombatPosX=0.0000

But when I added them to both ini's in the Documents folder as well as the default ini in the game folder, it only threw my aim off, and the camera was still offset. I need to find out what ini(s) need to be modified, there are 3 of them plus a 4th called "Fallout4Custom". I'm not sure what they all do yet.

Edited by MALLIMOOSH

which 4?

I found 4 in the isntall directly, all which are the 'pre-set' graphic settings(don't need to muck with those, they are just the 'low/med/high/ultra' default graphic settings in options before u launch game) and 2 in the 'documents' folder which are what I figure need to be edited.(I've already found the fov adjustments, and it 'works' ingame)

I haven't seen anything that relates to the 3rd person camera aka skyrim.

How would you shoot stuff when your crosshair is on the back of your character? I can't imagine aiming would be easy.

Or do you mean centered camera when your weapons are away and stuff?

I don't know if it's the FOV, but this seems particularly bad in this game. Maybe also the way the character moves, my brain is getting pseudo-vertigo seeing the character onscreen moving in a different direction than the camera.

IIRC the execrable Max Payne 3 was this way.

Obviously not everyone sees it the same way, but, options.

centerd cameras are usually centerd on the horozontal axis, and raised above the characters head. for most things (aside from looking up) its still accurate when firing your weapon. And if you need 'true' accuracy(IE: sniping) you go into first anyways.

the off centerd camera just causes me to get a splitting headache within moments, and usually, horrible nausia (can only play for 15-20 min before I have to shut down the game and spend an hour resting in a dark room, ALL games that do the heavy off centerd mode cause this)

Honestly,, with all the people who have repeatably requested directly to bestha (and zenimax) to add in the OPTION for other angles, Im really, really suprised they still keep trying to 'force' this crap on us.

So many 'decent' games were simply unplayable becuase they decided to 'lock' this angle on you, and it does not (at least for me, i don't know about others) improve how it 'looks' nor does it make playing easier/better/etc. It looks unnatural and convorted.

I'm glad you're discussing this, I created a necessary (unfortunately) duplicate of this topic in the right section of the forum, because Nexus mods just created a section named "Fallout 4 Mod requests", therefore this one soon or later will fade away.

Imho you can continue here, but this "mod's request" needs to be present in the right section too:
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3372260-centered-3rd-person-camera-mod/

Edited by ThunderCAP

I don't know if it's the FOV, but this seems particularly bad in this game. Maybe also the way the character moves, my brain is getting pseudo-vertigo seeing the character onscreen moving in a different direction than the camera.

IIRC the execrable Max Payne 3 was this way.

Obviously not everyone sees it the same way, but, options.

After having played the game now for 5 plus hours I can agree with being in a disorented state due to the FOV.

IT is mostly a issue in 3rd person but 1st person isn't good for me either and I feel I probably would enjoy more FOV there as well.

I noted after playing I don't feel I have a issue with the default game center in 3rd person ,

though at times it surecan make navigation wonky. That is when I flip to 1st person , that and for other certain activities .

I'll amend also my prior comment on zoom out. I think it is not too badt, and going

by 2 plus year old memory I think this game default zoom out max is greater than the one in Fallout 2 and perhaps NV.

Still, would be nice to be able to zoom out 10 more feet or so ....