[WIPz] Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE)

behippo

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea how to bind console commands to keys ?

Yes, you type them in one key at a time.

This kind of sarcastic comment isn't terribly helpful, as is obvious with his follow-on comment.

Yes, you type them in one key at a time.

Can u please help me bind "player.placeatme 0007d2a3" to "f1" button ? What i need to do ?

I hope I'm able to get something working ^^

I've never written a mod before so I have to figure out how to do so first.

It is not currently possible to bind arbitrary commands to a keypress. We expect to enable keypress detection within F4SE as we have done in previous xSE releases, but we haven't implemented it yet. In any case, without the official scripting tools there will be no easy way to provide this sort of functionality. I suppose once we have key detection someone could write a plugin to do this work - but that seems overkill. Early next year when the CK is released someone ought to be able to write this sort of script easily.

Well I just got called out for being an ass :confused:

@PHombie google AutoHotKey. Its an external program you can use to setup a macro for console commands.

Heres an example of a mod that uses autohotkey scripts to enter console commands in game.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/146/?

This is a very helpful post. Had the information about using AutoHotKey been in your first post I wouldn't have said anything. As it was in the F4SE thread talking about our keypress support, and with no mention of AutoHotKey at all it seemed unhelpful.

All I can ask is please put in something about paid mods in the EULA because there's a good chance those are coming back and you are the guys who could shoot them in the foot harder than anyone else.

That would be putting all the modders against each other. I believe the "paid modders'' were a few of the popular ones on the Nexus. I don't think they would do that. But I really do hope they don't bring back paid mods. I think it's coming to consoles but PC idk.

All I can ask is please put in something about paid mods in the EULA because there's a good chance those are coming back and you are the guys who could shoot them in the foot harder than anyone else.

No, we are not going to change our EULA. If the issue of paid mods comes up again we'll have the same response we had for Skyrim: The xSE tools will be free for everyone to use. We want to make the game better for everyone.

Edited by behippo

Does the current F4SE allow version checks through scripting? For instance, if I build F4SE.psc the same way SKSE's is setup:

Scriptname F4SE Hidden

int Function GetVersion() global native

int Function GetVersionMinor() global native

int Function GetVersionBeta() global native

int Function GetVersionRelease() global native

int Function GetScriptVersionRelease() global
    return 48
endFunction

int Function GetPluginVersion(string name) global native
Would I be able to check the version via script?
Edited by ShinraStrife

Does the current F4SE allow version checks through scripting? For instance, if I build F4SE.psc the same way SKSE's is setup:

Scriptname F4SE Hidden

int Function GetVersion() global native

int Function GetVersionMinor() global native

int Function GetVersionBeta() global native

int Function GetVersionRelease() global native

int Function GetScriptVersionRelease() global
    return 48
endFunction

int Function GetPluginVersion(string name) global native
Would I be able to check the version via script?

No, we haven't implemented any of the scripting functionality yet. We've put in place the hooks into Papyrus, so in theory it could be done assuming you could compile the pex file. I don't think we were planning on doing so until the GECK became available. But plans can change. Let me chat with the team and see what they think.

What are you doing that needs this functionality so early? You've got me curious.