[WIPz] Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE)

behippo

The new default keymapping file is included with each release. Apply your customizations to that file and you should be good to go.

ianpatt, I thought that is what I was doing by using the older customcontrolmap file. I checked back, re-read Behippo's comments on the patch and noticed that there is another WASD block near the bottom of the file that is removed in the new version. I will try that.

Q: What do you guys use to de-compile Bethesda's control map?

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an update for the new beta patch (1.3.47): 0.1.5.

whatsnew:

0.1.5:
- support for beta runtime 1.3.47
- initial game menu support and utilities
- more internal class decoding

Just want to express my thanks for all the work that goes into providing the community with this invaluable aid. Really appreciated.

I have a question about the scope of certain modifications. i.e. Do they require FOSE? Are they possible even with FOSE?

I want to modify the interface and behavior of rotating pieces in workshop mode. So, much like holding select will allow objects to be moved up and down or the beta patch's addition of rotation of other axis for held items (outside of build mode), I would like to add handling of a key for cycling through the axis, and then have the normal rotation left/right key/buttons call my rotation scripting. The same would go for turning while moving a piece while moving/before creating. The piece currently retains its Z orientation towards the player, and I would have to call my script to maintain the orientation of the other axis as well. After digging through decompiled scripts and the esm tables from the base game, I don't see any moving/pre-placement handling, which is why I'm wondering if it's something that FOSE can access that esm + basic scripts cannot.

Thanks!