[WIPz] Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE)

behippo

I have a question about the scope of certain modifications. i.e. Do they require FOSE? Are they possible even with FOSE?

I want to modify the interface and behavior of rotating pieces in workshop mode. So, much like holding select will allow objects to be moved up and down or the beta patch's addition of rotation of other axis for held items (outside of build mode), I would like to add handling of a key for cycling through the axis, and then have the normal rotation left/right key/buttons call my rotation scripting. The same would go for turning while moving a piece while moving/before creating. The piece currently retains its Z orientation towards the player, and I would have to call my script to maintain the orientation of the other axis as well. After digging through decompiled scripts and the esm tables from the base game, I don't see any moving/pre-placement handling, which is why I'm wondering if it's something that FOSE can access that esm + basic scripts cannot.

Thanks!

I would tend to imagine that normal scripting (when available) isn't going to provide any sort of input control to either trigger scripts or allow UI changes. So probably you would need support from F4SE to do your work. That doesn't mean that we'll have the ability to do what you want either - we haven't investigated this yet.

Thanks for the work but am I the only one that can't download f4se?

I got "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" on chrome when I try to open http://f4se.silverlock.org/beta/f4se_0_01_05.7z

It was probably a momentary glitch. The website seems to be working fine right now.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question about the scope of certain modifications. i.e. Do they require FOSE? Are they possible even with FOSE?

I want to modify the interface and behavior of rotating pieces in workshop mode. So, much like holding select will allow objects to be moved up and down or the beta patch's addition of rotation of other axis for held items (outside of build mode), I would like to add handling of a key for cycling through the axis, and then have the normal rotation left/right key/buttons call my rotation scripting. The same would go for turning while moving a piece while moving/before creating. The piece currently retains its Z orientation towards the player, and I would have to call my script to maintain the orientation of the other axis as well. After digging through decompiled scripts and the esm tables from the base game, I don't see any moving/pre-placement handling, which is why I'm wondering if it's something that FOSE can access that esm + basic scripts cannot.

Thanks!

There are some functions in workshopobjectscript that handle moving objects and such (nothing that does what you want, but they could probably be modified/extended).

Is there any way to capture in-game keystrokes with current build?

Not in the current build. I am actively investigating/implementing input support. It will definitely be available for our first official release after the GECK comes out. I hope it will be available earlier for plugins - but I don't know exactly when that will be.

Running into a problem with the latest release. I updated to the 1.37 beta and tried to use the FOSE 1.5 with it, but never got it to work. Always returned an error telling me to update to the latest version of Fallout (which it already was). I ended up just keeping the previous version of FOSE, which still worked even though I was on the Fallout beta.

With the official release of 1.3, I updated FOSE again but still have the same error. I've already tried revalidating Fallout through steam, but no luck. I can run Fallout without FOSE, but for some reason NMM isn't applying my mods when I do so. I've deleted every FOSE file and reinstalled, checked falloutcustom.ini, and updated everything to latest versions. No idea what to try at this point and nobody else seems to have reported a similar issue with FOSE that I can google.

Edit. I get the same error saying update Fallout 4 whether I launch from NMM or directly with f4se_loader.exe

Edited by jsemtvujkral

jsemtvujkral Take a look at the f4se_loader.log and see what it reports. You'll find it in your My Games\Fallout4\F4SE folder. It should report what version of everything you are trying to use.

Assuming you are on the latest release (1.3.47) you should be using F4SE 0.1.5. You'll need to update each of the components of f4se (f4se_loader.exe, f4se_1_3_47.dll, f4se_steam_loader.dll). You can get Properties on each of these components (Right-click>Properties) and go to the Details Tab. It should properly list version 0.1.5 of F4SE.

Report back on that info and see what happens. You may also want to try launching f4se_loader.exe as an administrator and see if that makes a difference.

I got it figured out. I don't think it was a problem with F4SE. Everything was reporting that it was uptodate. I tried uninstalling Fallout from within steam and reinstalled. However, it didn't actually delete the folder when I uninstalled it and the same problem resurfaced. I uninstalled again, and manually nuked the folder to wipe any trace of Fallout from the drive. Reinstalled a second time (thank goodness for unlimited download), and it worked like a charm.

I think Fallout got stuck somewhere in updating. It validated all files fine, but there was something wrong with the install itself, not with f4se.

Don't post here too often but I'm having a spot of trouble getting F4SE to run. I'm getting both an "Access Denied" error and a "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." Any help or guidance?

I'm on the latest 1.3.47 version of FO4 and running Windows 10 64.

Edited by Moose7777

Don't post here too often but I'm having a spot of trouble getting F4SE to run. I'm getting both an "Access Denied" error and a "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." Any help or guidance?

I'm on the latest 1.3.47 version of FO4 and running Windows 10 64.

Try running f4se_loader.exe as an administrator. If that doesn't work, please send along the contents of your f4se_loader.log and f4se.log. They may include information we can use to diagnose the problem.