[WIPz] Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE)

behippo

All working well for me, kind of curious about a control rebinding thing - is there a way to unbind individual functions bound to E, so the three different hold times (tap, short hold, just slightly longer hold) can be split off to different keys instead? It's been driving me nuts since day one, and while I'm guessing it's hardcoded, I figure you'd be the person to ask whether it's even possible (even if only in the long term).

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any way to capture in-game keystrokes with current build?

Not in the current build. I am actively investigating/implementing input support. It will definitely be available for our first official release after the GECK comes out. I hope it will be available earlier for plugins - but I don't know exactly when that will be.

Just hooked on their GetRawInpuData processing routines for now. Works ok for my Place everywhere plugin.

Is there any way to capture in-game keystrokes with current build?

Not in the current build. I am actively investigating/implementing input support. It will definitely be available for our first official release after the GECK comes out. I hope it will be available earlier for plugins - but I don't know exactly when that will be.

Just hooked on their GetRawInpuData processing routines for now. Works ok for my Place everywhere plugin.

Excellent. Between Skyrim and Fallout 4 they switched away from DirectInput to a combination of GetRawInputData and XInput for controllers. I hadn't pinned things down completely.

hello

bug f4se and new patch 1.347 cannot open container in the game ;vanilla work fine

i find control map is wrong,make new control map is good

Yes, the default control map was updated in the latest patch. The new map is included with the F4SE download. If you have modified the control map, you must reapply the modifications to the new version. Old files will not work correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a new Fallout 4 beta: 1.4.124. We're grabbing the beta now and will start to work on a new F4SE build. Until then if you need to use F4SE, don't update to the beta.

Question:

In Skyrim, SKSE provided a way to overlay normal maps. But (at least as far as I could tell) it did not provide a way to overlay specular maps.

May I request that F4SE allow overlaying specular maps? Or, is there a technical reason that would make it impossible?

(This would make mods like "sweating during combat" easier to implement.)

And they've gone ahead and pushed out another update: 1.4.125. Only the executable changed. But it is enough that I have to start the port over again. Stay tuned.

@pipdude111 - I am not sure how easy it will be to provide an overlay for specular maps. I will have to talk to the other engineers who may have a better clue about that. I've not been involved in that part of the engine yet.