[WIPz] Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE)

behippo

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a list of extra script commands somewhere?

The only one is a console command GetF4SEversion :smile:

So I have to have the game running while I write scripts or write them all down manually with one of those pen thingys :smile: Edited by ozziefire

Is there any way that Bethesda could work more with the modding community, specifically Silverlock and Nexus, prior to releasing updates? Myself, I would rather forgo an update a few extra days if it gave Silverlock in particular time to update F4SE to the new mod. I mean, Bethesda has been very good to provide mod-ability to the community why not extend that?

It becomes very frustrating to be playing along then suddenly have to wait several days to resume play while the community catches up with what was otherwise a minor update.

There are ways to try to stop Steam from doing this to you without doing anything excessively fancy.

Part of the problem is that they have actually improved in this regard. The betas had been giving the team a chance to update F4SE before the official patch release AFAIK, but apparently that's become more hit-or-miss.

Edit: Can't post properly due to personal incompetence.

Edited by NorthWolf

Thanks. A while back I went offline with Steam to avoid this issue. Although I purchased the season pass before the game came out, I wasn't all that interested in the latest DLC so I skipped it until I was sure that F4SE and any mod I used had caught up. Once that happened I went ahead and went back online with Steam and allowed it to update. Unfortunately, I forgot to go back offline once it updated and got caught with the small patch the shortly followed.

Thanks. A while back I went offline with Steam to avoid this issue. Although I purchased the season pass before the game came out, I wasn't all that interested in the latest DLC so I skipped it until I was sure that F4SE and any mod I used had caught up. Once that happened I went ahead and went back online with Steam and allowed it to update. Unfortunately, I forgot to go back offline once it updated and got caught with the small patch the shortly followed.

Ahh, yeah, that sucks. Backing up the .exe can help with that at least.

FYI: On the SKE mod I did the following to get my game working

Disable Minuteman Overhaul

Disable General of the Army

You may need to disable Minuteman Overhaul 2.0 as well. I didn't have it installed but I heard from another user.