[WIPz] Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE)

behippo

swg113, on 27 Aug 2016 - 9:33 PM, said:

Anyone else getting a constant crash on start up with the new version? After installing 1.7.12 F4SE will crash after a couple seconds. It starts up to a black screen then just says a problem has occurred and close. I have tried reinstalling it, disabling mods, etc but nothing seems to work. The base game starts up fine without F4SE so its not FO4 itself. Any ideas? I have no tried completely reinstalling FO4 yet but that is a last resort as I don't want to have to reinstall all the mods I have as well.

Using MO ? I can't load F4SE through MO if the directory F4SE exist in the Data folder. Crash is in some memcpy. Works without issue outside of MO.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has to be some quicker way of updating F4SE. Can't they just let the users input the Fallout4.exe runtime version in ourselves to avoid waiting and insulting the authors until it comes out?

It's kind of funny, I quite FO4 for a few minutes to do something irl, I come back to an update and now I'm locked out the game, do we really need to wait 2 or 3 days now just to play a game?

There has to be some quicker way of updating F4SE. Can't they just let the users input the Fallout4.exe runtime version in ourselves to avoid waiting and insulting the authors until it comes out?

It's kind of funny, I quite FO4 for a few minutes to do something irl, I come back to an update and now I'm locked out the game, do we really need to wait 2 or 3 days now just to play a game?

Depending on what they change it not just a simple thing as changing the runtime version.

And no you do not have to wait. Just disable mods using F4SE and play anyway.

Depending on what they change it not just a simple thing as changing the runtime version.

Is there a quick way of checking which of my hundreds of mods need F4SE?

Is there a quick way of checking which of my hundreds of mods need F4SE?

Yes, just start the game without it. You should get "this game requires so and so mod".

To my knowledge there are not many that do, but I think I have 2 that do. The ones I have will not have any real affect on gameplay.

They aren't insulting anyone by updating their game. So you have to wait a few hours or a day or two. Big whoop. It's not insulting to anyone.