[WIPz] Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE)

behippo

I've done that as well, but unfortunately the game only accepts customized input for binds that have customization enabled (the three 0s or 1s in the last column before the mask field).

Short python script for reading out the binds:

import sys, os

def r8(a):
	return ord(a.read(1)[0])

src = open(sys.argv[1], "rb")

for inputType in range(3):
	print "input type %d" % inputType

fixedFive = r8(src)
	assert(fixedFive == 0x05)

remain = r8(src) << 8
	remain |= r8(src)

numBinds = (remain - 3) / 5
	assert((remain - 3) % 5 == 0)

for bindIdx in range(numBinds):
		unk0 = r8(src)
		unk1 = r8(src)
		unk2 = r8(src)
		unk3 = r8(src) << 8
		unk3 |= r8(src)

print "%02X %02X %02X %04X" % (unk0, unk1, unk2, unk3)

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done that as well, but unfortunately the game only accepts customized input for binds that have customization enabled (the three 0s or 1s in the last column before the mask field).

Short python script for reading out the binds:

import sys, os

def r8(a):
	return ord(a.read(1)[0])

src = open(sys.argv[1], "rb")

for inputType in range(3):
	print "input type %d" % inputType

fixedFive = r8(src)
	assert(fixedFive == 0x05)

remain = r8(src) << 8
	remain |= r8(src)

numBinds = (remain - 3) / 5
	assert((remain - 3) % 5 == 0)

for bindIdx in range(numBinds):
		unk0 = r8(src)
		unk1 = r8(src)
		unk2 = r8(src)
		unk3 = r8(src) << 8
		unk3 |= r8(src)

print "%02X %02X %02X %04X" % (unk0, unk1, unk2, unk3)

You gave me an idea here. If the customization is only allowed when adjusting the three digits that control customization, wouldn't this bypass the "this key is reserved" phrase and its functions as well? At any rate, I found a way to bypass the portion of reserved keys inside the .swf files, so maybe I should try again with your file to allow for menu based customization.

The keys that you allow to be adjusted in the .txt file will also display in the menu, where would the strings go to probarly adjust their names in the controls menu? Could it be done the same way we did add strings in Skyrim?

So technically it should be possible to make every bind customizable. Simply setting those values to 1 in that file causes the game to crash unfortunately. For now, modifying the txt file is a good enough solution for me, just not the friendliest solution.

Just a quick reminder for everyone. At this moment F4SE does not support the 1.2.33 beta build of Fallout 4. We are starting the work to make a compatible build of F4SE, but it is going to take a few hours as folks are at work. We'll let everyone know when we have a release available for the beta.

The new Beta build says numpad keys can be reassigned but I don't see the favorites in the settings menu. Probably removes the favorite when you rebind something to it. Also if you use the new build you will need to set plugins.txt to read only if you have any .esp files.