TES V: what do you want to see?

poopgoblin

I wasn't talking about the prison ship that brings you to Vvardenfell at the start of Morrowind; I was talking about boats and canoes (sp?) that you can hire to quickly travel to other parts of the island. I can't think of the names of the places, but there was a city that had a large dragon statue at the port (probably of Akatosh, but I can't remember) and the owner of one of the ships there was willing to take you to another city for a certain fee. THAT'S the system I'm talking about. I'm suggesting that you can use fast-travel to get around the province that you're in, but not between the provinces.

Eg: Max the Imperial has been given a Fighter's Guild job from a guild hall in Valenwood where he has to help someone on Summerset Isle. He can fast travel to one of Valenwood's western port cities, but not to Summerset itself. From there, he has to either buy passage across or purchase a ship to get there himself. If he already owns the ship, he just needs to get onboard and cast off.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow are you wrong! Firstly, Morrowind was set about two or three years before Oblivion. Just look at the years! Secondly, that 'Champion' is in reference to Daggerfall NOT Morrowind. If you would have read them all, you would have realized that it describes her giving information about a staff to the 'Champion' with which will be used to kill Jagar Tharn. That doesn't sound like the main quest in Morrowind...

My aren't you a sour sort? eh?

It seems to be that your sole mission in life is to bring grief to others.

Over the last 5....thats all it took....5 days ive seen you denounce and dethrone every idea and resonable personage here in this forum (it seems at least).

You never have anything good to say about ANYone. And you boast and tout your "lore knowledge" to the greatest extent ive ever seen a nobody brag to be a somebody.

Im no one.

YOU are no one.

get it thru ur he@d

d00d

Wow are you wrong! Firstly, Morrowind was set about two or three years before Oblivion. Just look at the years! Secondly, that 'Champion' is in reference to Daggerfall NOT Morrowind. If you would have read them all, you would have realized that it describes her giving information about a staff to the 'Champion' with which will be used to kill Jagar Tharn. That doesn't sound like the main quest in Morrowind...

My aren't you a sour sort? eh?

It seems to be that your sole mission in life is to bring grief to others.

Over the last 5....thats all it took....5 days ive seen you denounce and dethrone every idea and resonable personage here in this forum (it seems at least).

You never have anything good to say about ANYone. And you boast and tout your "lore knowledge" to the greatest extent ive ever seen a nobody brag to be a somebody.

Im no one.

YOU are no one.

get it thru ur he@d

d00d

@ninja: Actually, it sounds more like the plot of Arena.

@ivxx: Had he not called you on it, I would have myself.

I think 'leaf-boat' is probably a more apt term than 'canoe', if that's the type you're referring to. Ebonheart has a dragon statue.

I think Daggerfall had something to do with politics in High Rock or something. I know the player had to deliver something to the High Rock royal family (or its equivalent, I read this on wiki a couple of months ago) for the Emperor.

Canoes made out of leaves, how's that? And I think Ebonheart was the place I was thinking of; I think it was somewhere to the west of Vivec, but my Vvardenfell geography (and memory) sucks.

First of all, bring back the spears! Also, add "necromancy" as a magical skill, it could include spells for reanimation, more direct damage health spells, the ability to summon special undead and to repair undead enemies, and spells to command random undead in dungeons.

I have also thought quite a bit about the Akaviri being involved, and I think the most interesting plot line I've heard or thought about so far is an invasion of Tamriel. The Emperor's death left the Empire in tumult, and possibly the Tsaesci, Ka'Po'Tun, and Snow Demons form a shaky alliance to sack Tamriel once and for all. Your character would have to unite various rebelling races (think: Dunmer v. Altmer, Nord v. Redguard, Breton v. Imperial), and lead a counter strike. Possibly, this could be followed up with an invasion of Akavir, although that might serve better as an expansion.

The best reasons for the involvement of Akavir is the huge variety of creatures, weapons, spells, ingredients, sounds, and landscapes that would be opened up. Dual weapons would be nice, for example a katana/wakizashi combination.

That's a good idea, but it would never happen. The different kingdoms all hate each other. They would sooner kill themselves than unite to invade Tamriel.

However, maybe it is possible...We could see the rise of an all powerful god-powered mage who controls the minds of all the kingdoms in Akavir to invade Tamriel. Then, the Elder Council would have no idea what's happening for the very reason that they all hate each other. Then, you are sent to Akavir to investigate what's happening, and you eventually find out about the evil war-lord. Then you would be given a choice of killing him/her and releasing everyone from his/her hold in which case you will ally yourself with one of the kingdoms to wage war on the other three, or you join the war-lord as his/her right-hand-man/woman in which case you, personally, would lead the assault on Tamriel. Now THAT would be a game worth buying.

This has probably already been said many times, but when you reach the 25, 50, 75, 100 level in a skill or as some other leveling reward, you should be given choices as to how you want your character to develop.

For example, if you level up your destruction magic to level 100, you are now a master of destruction, you should be given a choice as to what type of element to gain a bonus to. So If you really like fire, frost, or shock damage, you can choose to get a bonus to one of these destruction types.

Thats just one example, if they want more ideas, they'll have to give me a job, or at least ask. :)

There should be a massive amount of enemy types, I don't care if they are only slightly different then thier counterparts.

There should be more done with creature scaling, for example, a horde of small, vicious spiders, or gigantic freaking ogre skeletons, and tons of very dark creatures like the wraiths. HOw about shadows. Like a black ghost shadow type freakin scary male without a father.

Bigger, better magic effects. a 100 damage fireball looks the same as a 10 damage fireball.

More weapon types, especially for unarmed. Like claws and brass knuckles and poo.

SPEARS, Halberts, Partisans, and there has to be 1 and 2 handed types

*More voice actors.

* Also, just because several people have to say the same thing, doesn't mean they should say it exactly the same. They can say the same general things, but change the wording, so it doesn't kill the immersion.

Spiders. Who doesn't want to slay a gigantic scary ass evil spider? Yeah, I know there are deadric spiders, but thats half demon. Give me regular spiders.

Etc., etc., etc.