TES V: what do you want to see?

poopgoblin

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Quite A few things, Which will be a big ask, but I am Sure Bethesda might be able to do it. These are some things that are already done via Crude mods, others ESV needs to do.

A LOT might have already been Suggested.

- Lycanthropy

Vampires Are all Good, But werewolves will Provide added depth to the games Lore in particular.

and the abillity to capture and Command your own Werewolves.

-REAL vampires

vampires are the children of the devil. God banished him to a castle Isolated from all human Life, So the Devil Gave him wings, like a bat or a demon or something. Why Can't we do that? Plus when You bite a person, They must become a vampire.

-REAL Necromancy

collect Pieces of Mort Flesh and Bone and Sew them together and Create a zombie Horde. None of this Temporary Summon Nonesense; Reanimate them, Call them to Follow you, ETC. again Improves Immersion For the Game World.

-Online Funtionality

Not an MMO as Such, But an option to Turn "online play" on, allowing others in the world To explore the world With you, Hve Large battles With, And Basically have Several Dozen if not Hundreds of Other Players In Tamriel. Turn it off and you have the classic singleplayer experience that we have grown to love.

-Play all of Tamriel and Beyond

self explanitory. Includes Akavir.

- Better Combat & magic system

Really, I got Sick of Swinging My Sword Slowly around like Someone Had Just pulled out my Characters Eyes. What about the good old hack and Slash action of God of War?

Magic Spells are just as Lacklustre: Fling a target Spell and Have the same exact bolt with the same animation with the Same Principles. Perhaps a fireball wich radiates Outward from the Character like Dins Fire in Ocarina of Time. Except With a particle system.

-More Inclusive Main Quest

Every Single RPG I play makes you feel that the Fate of whatever world Your in Rests Solely On Your Shoulders. I beleive It would Be more Immersive If some of the Action Happened Around You,

Like It did In Crysis. Instead Of " Find the golden Key to Save the world, but we won't help you because were Lazy" attitude, It Should Have been " we'll Circle Around behind The Dark Tower of Madness and Make Our Way through That Sewer Grate, You and Your men Scale It and meet Us At the fifth Level". To Make the Player Feel as Though He Is a part of something Big, Not the Guy who Does All of the work.

-Better Orchestral Score

WoW's are much better.

-Mounted Combat

self explanitory

-Ethnic Guilds

Guilds of which you may only join if you're race choice is attributed to that particular Guild.

-Better Enemies

Instead of " hit it X number Of times to make it Die", let's have " when It lunges at you it exposes its weak point underbelly, Thats When You Strike" . Another Thing That Ocarina of Time Did Right.

-Headshots

I'm No NeuroSurgeon, but If I hit Someone In the back Of the Head I thought he would Be in the very least in need of a good Lie down. Headshots = Instant Kill. NPC's only, not Creatures.

-Rituals

Midas Magic Spells But Better, Collect Items To create Spells at an Alter with a sacrafice to the Gods to recive a great power Or something, Sometimes Requireig the Aid of other NPCs.

Thats All I can Think Of. I'm not Really asking for much, Am I?

There are ZILLIONS of little things I would like improved in the next game but here is some of the bigger ones.

(Oblivion is my favorite game right now so don't get me wrong, it's amazing)

First, more NPCS. I don't mean more quest characters, just more people walking around. When my neigborhood has more people in it than the capital city of Tamriel, something is wrong. Yes, I know, the AI is more important. Well at least give the IMPRESSION that the towns have more than just a few dozen residents.

This next thing goes with what I said before, its more of a rant that a suggestion. The battle of bruma. One of the most pathetic and dissapointing events of its kind i've ever seen. So here we are, me , martin and about 12 guards (thanks other cities, TWO SOLDIERS EACH? ripoff...) and Martin further decides to give an epic, LOTR style speech. I cracked up at that moment. The rest of the main quest was extraordinarily well done, but please, if you give a big climactic battle at the end of the game, next time make it better. :wallbash:

That aside, I would also like to see a more polished, more natural style of gameplay. Like a deeper combat system for example. I would like to be able to actually STAB with my dagger, instead of doing a big power slash to assassinate someone. It's kind of hard to explain, but the gameplay in oblivion seems kind of unrealistic and awkward, like jumping. notice how your character rockets up in the air, standing completely still, then touches the ground and keeps on walking?

Also, some more varied skills such as cooking, smithing, bowmaking etc.

Well. I understand bethesda wants to make a great singleplayer experience but seriously! Nothing would be more fun than to ambush a group of travelers with your fellow theifs and evil warrior friends online. Nothing could compare to that kind of experience with this game! (what ever happened to MultiTES4?)

Id also love to see a more "realistic" guild job giving method from your Quest NPCs. Everything is so linear in that area if you know what I mean. Like maybe you rank up in say... the fighters guild for doing jobs, but the jobs are on a job sheet and there is tons of them and you just select the one you wanna tackle and after completing so many jobs ( each job worth a different amount) or something like that you can request a promotion :P.

It would also be nice to maybe form your own faction or guild, and have a Intelligent following system. Anytime 3 or more NPCs have to follow me in oblivion they also bunch up like retards on crack, and they only move when I move. Maybe a kind of spread out method of following you would be kool. And the NPCs would react a little better to the start of a fight when fighting with you.

There is tons more things Id love to see but Ive gotta get back to playing lol

Well. I understand bethesda wants to make a great singleplayer experience but seriously! Nothing would be more fun than to ambush a group of travelers with your fellow theifs and evil warrior friends online. Nothing could compare to that kind of experience with this game! (what ever happened to MultiTES4?)

You people act as though TES is the only fantasy rpg game out there! There are tons of multiplayer games already in existence. Personally, I like that one company is actually making a fully single player game. I congratulate Bethesda on their uniqueness.

All right, it took over two hours to read through all of these posts (yes I want a medal! ^^ ). I read many of the same things, a few pissing contests, and a few very good ideas.

1. Let’s leave ‘out’ multiplayer. That’s not what TES is about and it should stay that way.

2. Let’s not leap before we look. Adding new races may conflict with the story created for Tamriel. Everything about Dragons or Myst elves – not all of that is part and parcel with the design of Nirn, so let’s now leave out that idea (for now).

3. In some of the official vids about the making of TES IV, the developers said they had more impressive pseudo-AI, but it was frustrating to be the player and have all the inventory bought out so you had nothing to purchase, so they cut back on the scripting and instead gave a more “player friendly” version. Is this what we wanted? Who’s to say, but it’s what we got. Developers will always gimp a final product for one reason or another. The scripting makes or breaks the game of course, and the more intensive the scripting, the more PC – unfriendly it becomes

4. The Morrowind system of enchanting had a far better outcome than does Oblivion. Granted having only certain aspects enchantable to either weapons or armor was a balancing to the way you could literally ‘break’ Morrowind (like having constant effect, heal 1 – 50 pts on a Deadra tower shield), still having ‘use’ items should be brought back. If you remember paper in Morrowind, it had a ‘very’ respectable amount of enchant points, for it being just a weightless piece of parchment, and I used to hotkey nine “scrolls” with nice effects that had a use and no mana or cast-time cost. I also agree with others that having your enchanted items recharge slowly over time should be brought back... In Morrowind we all know you could wait one day and have your items fully charged or just use soul gems for it to happen faster. Also I wish to see if you add a negative effect to something, it would balance a positive effect, thus allowing more enchant room (though negative effects deduct ‘less’ then a positive effect counterweight so it’s never ‘one to one’ (for balancing) but it would be nice to have a drain fatigue 10pts for an extra 4pts of enchant power, etc. I also have quirks about different styles of clothing not having different levels of enchanting power. Exquisite outfits (the full outfit) was sort of a scavenger hunt (unless you knew where rolly the gaur was *chuckle*) but it had more room then common or expensive, or even extravagant. I would wager this was gimped out for time and cost reasons, but now it should be brought back.

5. Having separate gloves and pauldrons gave more enchant slots, as did being able to wear clothes under armor. Alright I agree with another post, having four wearable rings could be introduced if you don’t want “two gloves” and “two boots”, but on the flip side, one ‘should’ be able to wear clothes under armor, else the armor would ‘really’ chafe! And robes over clothing gave you one more ‘slot’ ^_^ hehe, and is very much plausible.

6. The old Morrowind system of (2 – 10dmg) had its perks (which is where luck really shined if you fortified it!!), and can be used, this time in relation not so much as ‘dice rolls’ and/or ‘luck’, but also with strength level. More strength means you may achieve more power out of your weapon (hence the range of 11 – 25, etc).

7. Adding “full realism” does ‘break’ the concept that it ‘is’ a game. I have thought you would need a forge to repair items, or water to make potions, but then I understand it’s a game and some things just don’t need to be implemented – I STILL think you need empty bottles to use alchemy, though! On the flip side, weapons / armor degration should either be removed or reduced. I agree with many that there’s no reason why things degrade so rapidly. Also with armor, I agree with many of you that various types should have various colors / styles or at least varying levels of defense.

8. In Morrowind, you could be a vampire wearing a full-face helmet and people wouldn’t know you were a vampire. This should be reintroduced, especially if wearing a full ebony or dwemer helm. Granted, you lost about 10 disposition points when they couldn’t see your face, but it was easily re-attainable if you had good personality. I also think that “feeding” should bring out vampiric powers, and not feeing should reduce them (to be more humanized, though you are weaker for it, etc).

9. I like the idea of bringing back the different racial feet styles. I really loved the argonian feet. Of course it was terrible when you couldn’t wear the boots of blinding speed because you were a lizard. I was thinking spats would be a fine alternative for them (they are like shoes, but cover the tops only ^_^). On another note, they don’t have felines ‘because’ the cat race is the Khajit? There is no “dog” race, so they have dogs. Just consider that… though it conflicts with having mountain lions as a ‘cat’ race *shrugs* It was just my thoughts on the matter.

10. I remember quite clearly about “feather” in Morrowind. Fortifying strength was more practical in carrying capacity and damage, but at the same time having a high ‘feather’ level increased your base movement speed. I would enjoy seeing this brought back – higher feather, faster traveling.

11. I really do wish to see at the very least, left-handed fighters. This would open up the CS for modders, giving them more animations to work with. As a game preaching open-ended playstyles, that everyone is right-handed defeats the immersion, IMHO.

12. The idea that there is a gray zone is important. Either you’re a god-awful baby-eater, or you’re Mother Teresa! There is just no middle ground. I would like having three sides to the scale, instead of two (or in some arguments, just one as you’re usually a ‘good’ guy deep down).

13. Here’s an idea that may be plausible for open-ended gameplay: you don’t start out as a prophesized hero, but you may ‘become’ that said hero by asking about rumors, following up on leads, and deciding you wish to accomplish what you weren’t ‘destined’ to do. Though this may in turn defeat the very purpose that that ‘is’ who you are playing- the one chosen to ‘do this or that’. That in itself isn’t bad, as a game ‘does’ need some type of goal, even open-ended ones.

14. Morrowind’s system of bartering was more impressive than Oblivion, but on the flip side, Oblivion has it right in a slider, with a 130% / 75% ratio (or whatever it happens to be). So combining the two, have the window system come back, but let you buy for no less than cost and let you sell for no greater than cost (up to or down to cost depending on the usual factors – disposition, personality, merchantile, etc). Morrowind had it ‘wrong’ though when you went to adjust the amount you wanted to spend. If you were buying 800 septems of merchandise and could adjust it down to 550, you had to manually cycle through all those coins, when it would have been SO MUCH NICER to be able to click on the number and just input what you wanted. Let’s combine this with the window system and the slider (the principle of the slider effects, if not an ‘actual’ slider) to make a very nice ‘buying’ experience for the player.

15. There was a quest in Morrowind that had you punch someone until they were knocked out, and then you could pickpocket them. A requirement as you weren’t supposed to kill them. We all would like the ability to knock someone out instead of killing and at the same time loot all items (even those equipped) from their unconscious self.

Now with any new idea comes the thought of scripting, meshes, textures, animations, etc… and that also relates to time, release date, cost. It’s a gambit when a company decides to not add a feature because they just don’t want to wait on a release date (they ARE out to make money, just like any other corp…)

Edit:

one more item: I wish to be able to actually create the potions you can buy in the shops. Why can't I make the "weak potion of healing" which is worth far more than my "restore health" potion, even though my restore helth potion does far more healing that that little bottle...

Xenxander, I think you just sold me Morrowind. :P

12: Zero Punctuation? Just once I'd like to play as, I don't know, a baby-eating Mother Teresa. That said, it seems to me there's a lot of room in quests for a "neutral" adventurer. Particularly due to the game's fixation on quests based on killing things.

Bonus Possibility: I would very much like a "duration/power" slider when making potions like that, and it would be good if potions' value was based on their effects instead of type, but it seems that would be more than a bit unbalanced without making potions more difficult to make or cutting their cost a bit...

I'd like to see it easier to apply more "sweeping" changes, particularly in relation to other mods. Say, give *all* of a certain creature type more abilities, (Perhaps expanding the inherited creature sound to other things?) or swap out various misc-items for "improvised weapon" varieties, including modded-in usages of the item.

What would I like to see in TESV?

Huge, I mean a HUGE area. The initial release would have Cyrodiil, Valenwood, and Elsweyr. The 1st expansion would add Black Marsh and Morrowind, and the 2nd expansion would add High Rock, hammerfell and Skyrim. What would be the point of it all (the "main quest")? It could be a mission to find an heir ot the throne and reunite the Empire, or you could be sent to find out who is turning the provinces against each other and then stop a foreign invasion (like, maybe the Ka Po' Tun from Akavir). The borders of the provinces would act like portals if the region is installed, if not they would act like they do now ("you can't go there, turn back" messages). This would keep the maps reasonable sized, and allow for it to modular.

What would I like to see gameplay wise?

1) More people. I know what more people do to TESIV performance, but there has to be a way to add more NPCs without giving them all unique scripts.

2) Less linear side/guild quests. In addition, you shouldn't be able to become the head of the guild in less than a month...maybe you could just become a champion (someone metioned this, and I like the idea)

3) Interface config options, like turning on/off the quest arrow, smaller interface fonts, less intrusive compass and health bar, etc...

4) Built in PROFILE MANAGER, with the ability to custom config the mods the profile would use (possibly complex to do, but possible).

5) Tweak the TESIV engine to make it a little prettier, but with an eye towards stability (CTDs are getting old...)

6) More voice actors (I'm sure this is more a a budget thing though...)

7) Character creation has all those options for altering the face of the character, how about that much effort for customizing the body? Body mods like Roberts, BAB, Exnem, etc are great, but with the face settings the way they are, the body should be just as customizable. So you could have your voluptuous figure with huge cans, or a slim and athletic woman. Additionally, you could have Conan the Barbarian or a lean and mean thief.

8. What class the clothing is from should affect how people react to you (and yes, I know there's a mod that does this). Optionally, how much skin coverage the clothing has (you could do this with a single variable in the CS, that covers the range form full coverage, to skimpy). People should react if you run around almost naked...

9) The temperature should affect you character. If it's cold, and you aren't wearing much, you should loose Fatigue, if it's REALLY cold, you could loose Health.

10) Seasonal affects, snow accumulates, leaves fall from trees, etc. It would cause serious performance issues if not done properly, but it could be done. It would be all right if the game just changed the ground texture and tree after it snows, and just had some leaves falling during the fall.

That's all for now. I'm forgetting things, but I don't want to bore you more...

Edit: Oh, I remembered something. This is the reason none of you should want an MMO: MODS. GO. OUT. THE. WINDOW. Great for the Consoles, bad for the PC. With Morrowind still selling (and Oblivion probably will for the foreseeable future), Bethesda is (hopefully) smart enough to realize this, as evidenced by the existence of the FREE Construction Set.