Can I not be a slob please?

Merovign

I don't know how they handle clutter in FO4, hopefully once the GECK is out I can have a house that's not filled with piles of rotting dead leaves.

For crying out loud, I even have shovels and brooms. :)

Also, I'm building walls and roofs out of raw materials, why do they have big holes in them? It's raining indoors for no good reason.

I'll skip the part where metal buildings should shield from the completely nonsensical radiological lightning.

I know the devs wanted a worn out, broken world and mood, but if I'm building a house from scratch, it's not going to have holes in the roof. It's just not. Sure, it won't look like Miami Vice's rich neighborhoods, but I will find a way to make a roof without 90 irregular skylights.

When the GECK comes out I will take a look at the textures. So this may be a task I get to myself - but others have far more modding experience than I do (I basically did stuff like minor behavior mods in Skyrim).

This is one of those things that's allus annoyed the bejesus outta me in Bugthesda games, this Dirt and Grunge fetish they have! All of them are the same! You craft somethinf from brand new materials, or even second habd materials, and it STILL looks like something you found in a ditch on the side of the road! And what's with the dirt, trash and and shyte everywhere? Does no-one know how to use a broom?

They have never introduced anything that looked "new" in their games, apart from the "pre-war xxx" stuff in FO3/NV, but even those were stained and wrinkled. Even a set of Power Armor in an impregnable Bunker protected by force fields, and cryogenically sealed comes out looking like s**t! Why Bugthesda, WHY?!?!?

I have read though, that someone was poking around in the game files, and found a full set of "Vault" textures in "brand new" condition, which stands to reason given the intro/character start, so at least I guess we can look forward to some "Player Home Vaults" in good condition eventually.

I get the broken/dirt fetish but they took it a bit overboard.

I cleared out a bunch of ghouls for a settlement and even after people moved in in droves the carcasses just kind of stayed where they fell... even I can't clean it up short of manually dragging them off the lot which is just annoying.

They do seem to have made the same mistake they made in the other two games where they have these big piles of rubble inside a building or tunnel or whatever... or even outside a building against a wall for that matter... and not a damned clue as to where it's supposed to have come from since walls and ceilings are still totally intact, not a board or brick out of place. I found that immersion breaking as heck as I wondered, "Now, where the heck did THAT come from?" every time I went through a door. :dry:

Edited by Nofsdad