Barely 3 hours in and I'm thinking of waiting for the mods

vram1974

The only bug (besides of course your usual Bethesda floating items and clipping bodies) that I have encountered was right after I took the elevator out of Vault 111 my character was stuck to the elevator. I couldn't open my Pipboy, I couldn't zoom out to third person, hell even enabling no-clip mode via the console didn't let me move. Turns out I had to alt-tab to force the game into the options menu so I could save, quit out, then load that save and I could move freely, but it didn't even change my name when I decided to change it before I left.

Other than that I haven't experienced any CTD's or other gamebreaking bugs, but it does seems like Bethesda just doesn't give a s#*! anymore and leaves optimization up to the modders. So, I will patiently wait for there to be an Unofficial Fallout 4 patch to clean up all the dirty edits...

I have to agree with the OP don't get me wrong FO4 is a great game but I have tried out over 500 mods on Skyrim and have settled on 250 of the best MODS that I can think of and my Skyrim game is just wide open wild and awesome...call us spoiled whatever you want but it is what it is....I bought FO4 yesterday to support Bethesda because I do believe FO4 is still a great game but I think I will give it a year before I play it.

Having seen what the superb modders did for Skyrim, I can only hope that they turn their attention to FO 4 soon, because at this moment I am really struggling to play the game.

I learned years ago that a mediocre game could be made something special by modder, which is why I went down the PC path, and am currently taking heart from the news I read somewhere, that the guys who gave us SKSE are going to provide a Script Extender for this unfinished and disappointing, over hyped piece of work.

If you are a pc player and enjoy real role playoing games then head for Skyrim and learn how to manage your mods and enjoy a truly great game while the modders fix this game.

Have you gotten the game yet or are you still spouting garbage?

Until you play the game, I don't think you really have any leg to stand on to criticize the game especially if you're just going off what you have heard.

I feel bummed. I'm a total Bethesda fan and have loved thier games in the past, but I'm having a really hard time enjoying this new game. The controls feel so awkward to me, the UI is even more painful to use than it was in Vanilla Fallout 3. There's no tutorials for anything and I'm just wandering around without enough ammo to kill anything and getting killed. I've never had this problem before. Maybe I'm just too old now. Anyway, I can't wait for the heroic modders to swoop in and save the day. I just got this game today and I'm already missing Skyrim. I'm genuinely confused why this isn't grabbing me as my favorite thing about past Bethesda games was the exploration.

Having seen what the superb modders did for Skyrim, I can only hope that they turn their attention to FO 4 soon, because at this moment I am really struggling to play the game.

I learned years ago that a mediocre game could be made something special by modder, which is why I went down the PC path, and am currently taking heart from the news I read somewhere, that the guys who gave us SKSE are going to provide a Script Extender for this unfinished and disappointing, over hyped piece of work.

If you are a pc player and enjoy real role playoing games then head for Skyrim and learn how to manage your mods and enjoy a truly great game while the modders fix this game.

Have you gotten the game yet or are you still spouting garbage?

Until you play the game, I don't think you really have any leg to stand on to criticize the game especially if you're just going off what you have heard.

The game does come off as much more difficult. I'm getting killed a lot as well. Pick up the perk that allows you to find more ammo. It really does result in you minding more ammo and since I've picked up the perk I haven't been hurting on ammo since.

Because I haven't played it yet...due to needing new comp...but I already have it because I got the Pip Boy edition...and because of all these negative comments and descriptions, I am going to destroy the disc, the pip boy, and the poster that came with it. JK!!!!

There's no tutorials for anything and I'm just wandering around without enough ammo to kill anything and getting killed. I've never had this problem before. Maybe I'm just too old now. Anyway, I can't wait for the heroic modders to swoop in and save the day.

You're in luck.

Craftable Ammunition

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1018/?

Classic V.A.T.S.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/531/?

How to access Fallout 4 data menu

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/640/?

Gopher's youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UE2x2OcfxI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq-VZAumD-o

You should get Codsworth to accompany you. He kills enemies faster than I can target them. In the end I have settled on Dogmeat, since he provides more support and is more balanced in combat.

When I have oppened workshop, I was confused for the first time in a Bethesda's game. I got back to it later when I had more time to experiment and it was not so hard to use it afterall.

Edited by BlackRoseOfThorns