-Mod Wishlist- (what would "you" like to see in f4 ?)

Nero1n

I'd love to see a desert mod, retexturing (and even remodeling some stuff) to turn the commonwealth into a much more appealing desert (we already have NCR Ranger armor and now recently I've discovered the 10mm Revolver Colt mod on bethesda.net) I'd love the land to be more like the original fallout games, and new vegas, I'm not sure why it would just feel a bit more visually appealing to me and probably many more.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that make the world of Fallout 4 more dead would be a good idea.

I mean that the Commonwealth is full of Raiders, Gunners, Super mutants etc. By the middle of the game, you must have already killed more than a thousand of aggressive NPCs. You could get the feeling of a dead, empty world, by removing majority of all these "enemies". Feel the Wasteland more meditative or something. When you find another location on your map, and you do not expect that a group of ghouls will jump right in your face, but you wander in darkness and loneliness, searching the garbage of the "Old world" for a couple of details that you need for your settlement.

Of course I'm not talking about complete removal. There are locations tied to quests etc. that are headquarters for the group, for example: Saugus Ironworks for Forged, Vault 75/95 for the Gunners and Trinity Tower for super mutants.

Maybe it would make the game too boring, but it would give something new in the perception of Fallout 4. The game would no longer make you reckless terminator, who eliminates the crowds of enemies. Rather, you would get a more personal experience, while you exploring empty, ancient, abandoned buildings of the past.

Well, what do you think about this?

I am fairly satisfied with the resources I have now through DLC and Mods to make "most" of the items I want to make good settlements, but a few purely 'Wishlist Items' do come to mind.

1) Bales of hay. To place in my brahmin pens. Purely for immersion. They don't have to be the huge ones, maybe just the size of a steamer trunk.

2) Piper and Curie want a vanity dresser.

3) Catapults. Seige Engines. Just cause they are primitive but cool.

4) Horses. It's past due for the horse to make a return to the Commonwealth world.

If the Institute can make Synthetic gorillas then game lore should be able to handle the concept of Synthetic Horses being introduced to the Fallout universe

5) Motorcycles. I sigh everytime I pass one of the old motorcycle frames in my travels. In three of my settlements I built a few to represent that my Sole Survivor was trying to get one to work (In the hopes that a Mod would come along making it possible to ride a motorcycle).

6) Stripper Poles. Now, now, please don't wince in disgust. I'm just saying that Goodneighbor seemed like THE place to find something like a Burlesque Show or a Strip Club, but the place is actually pretty lame. One bar with a great singer (Third Rail) and one sleazy hotel (Rexford). Not even any gambling going on. Not even a measly Tattoo Parlor. That settlement is more like "GoodLoser" than Goodneighbor.

I would love a mod that made everyone's eyes and heads move around to look around. I don't know if it's possible or not, but I think it would be great if, while in 3rd person, the PC's head just kinda went back and forth and her eyes went from one thing to the next. Except when aiming, then the head and eyes are focused ahead.

One thing I've been thinking about recently is a mod I used in Skyrim that I found on the Steam Workshop. It was a craftable item that was essentially a portable campsite with items that you could place in the environment, such as a campfire, chairs, barriers, and a tent, among other things. I'd like to see something like that for F4, with a tent and sleeping bag that can be used for healing and saving in survival mode. Also nice would be a cooking station (campfire esque/makeshift grill style) as well as some turrets and barriers to create a perimeter. Maybe a high-tech Institute version could also be made. It could have a perimeter forcefield to prevent intrusion by enemies and protect against the appearance of inconvenient bullets, as well as the same features of the standard version, albeit with a more modern appearance.

The example mod in question:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=12982