Same-sex marriage.

notfadeaway

Would it be easier to just swap the tier 2 Charisma perk (Lady Killer/Black Widow)? Like, even assuming the character was with a beard at the beginning, there should be an opportunity for men to get that damage bonus vs men and women to get that damage bonus vs women.

This is another weird step back from the previous game. Confirmed Bachelor and idk-what-the-female-version-was; strange that they took that out. Limited space on their perk chart, I guess.

I'm not 100% on this, haven't tested it... but I think the perks are actually separate IDs. Which means you can use the console to add them.

I am going to be interested in seeing how people mod the perk tree, given the new 'chart' instead of just a simple dot like Skyrim.

Would it be easier to just swap the tier 2 Charisma perk (Lady Killer/Black Widow)? Like, even assuming the character was with a beard at the beginning, there should be an opportunity for men to get that damage bonus vs men and women to get that damage bonus vs women.

This is another weird step back from the previous game. Confirmed Bachelor and idk-what-the-female-version-was; strange that they took that out. Limited space on their perk chart, I guess.

Shoot, that's a good point; hadn't even noticed that. Heck, this is the first I've seen anyone mention that obvious oversight.

Needs a patch.

You just addressed a worry of mine. I have no idea how we will add new perks now...

Yeah. I'm not sure either, unless you add them via magazines instead of actual perk trees. It's the only way I can think of doing it as a 'work around'. But that alone raises the question of where to hide the magazines, or triggers to add the perk to the player.

I am about to release this but it won't be a mod so much as a save file at the start of the game with either two women or two men married. Unfortunately this is right after you create your character so you will need to use console "showlooksmenu player" to edit your character and if you click on your spouse for their refid you can edit them as well with "showlooksmenu refid"

EDIT: Here you go: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/437/?

Edited by NarcoticsDrugs

Just tested it. Player.sexchange works. To have a female couple, do the console command while in front of the mirror with either Nate or Nora. This will change Nate into an older ghoulish looking woman (who's appearance you can change via another console command). If you would like to play with a male couple, type in the player.sexchange command AFTER you have chosen to play as Nora. He will look like the corresponding male preset you chose for Nora (if you chose face 1 for Nora, he will appear as face 1 for Nate) Of course, you and your dearly beloved will have the same voice, but at least everyone addresses you accordingly =3 You don't know how happy I am

(This is also helpful if you'd like to play as twins who adopted a baby)

EDIT : After attempting a full playthrough from the start, I have noticed a couple things. There is some confusion to whether you are the "female" or the "male". I have only been referred to as "Sir" when playing as sex changed Nora but will refer to myself as a mother. Also, there is a higher chance to be referred to as a female despite being called sir moments prior.

Also, there is a potentially unavoidable glitch. More often then not, when you enter the cryo-chamber as a sex-changed character, the "appropriate gendered character" you are supposed to be playing will spawn outside your chamber to haunt you, walking in circles with baby Shaun attached to their wrist as if showing off their new pip-boy. The cut scene involving Shaun and your partner never happens, rendering the game unplayable. Transporting the player via coc sanctuaryext02 still renders the character unable to move as if still in the cryo-chamber.

However, when playing as a same-sex couple, changing sex right before entering the cryo-chamber, and then changing it back again after the cut scene works so far. I did not make it to end game with this character yet. I am interested to see if any more cut scenes flip out over my character. Perhaps it was just a one time thing, you know, because those nice people did not want to steal the adopted baby of a same-sex couple...

Edited by pijon