Settler management menu - better settler management.

NamesAreTooSimple

Sometimes I wonder if I'm blind... I just made a thread about this too because I didn't see yours although it was on the first page...

I really want to be able to see exactly which plants they are assigned to etc. as it really would help me planning my settlements. The ability to propperly equipt them is also something I really want. I hate that there are nogood way of comparing a piece of armour I've brought back to the ones equipt on settlers and having to run around looking for settlers with potentionally inferiour armour to the armour I have found is a real pain.

Here is my thread. I guess it is not totally redundant as I also speak about being able to train settelers to make them better.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3656570-better-settlement-management-training-settelers/

i actually think that the whole crafting hud needs fixed. however the most important thing that needs to be worked on is settler management. this would be great.

I'd love to see someone take the time to re-do the whole settlelent functionality to something that looks more like the sims. Being able to build from a birds-eye view with smarter tools that actually building houses rewarding would be really cool.

It feels like we have so little control over our settlements. We can't even build propper walls, mend the roofs, remove all buildings and fix bridges, propperly draw electrisity.

• 3 months later...

i dont understand why when u tell a settler to farm they dont fully farm. and mean harvest everyplay they are working so it can keep adding up so when i return i could have a surplus about of stuff....

I'd love to see someone take the time to re-do the whole settlelent functionality to something that looks more like the sims. Being able to build from a birds-eye view with smarter tools that actually building houses rewarding would be really cool.

It feels like we have so little control over our settlements. We can't even build propper walls, mend the roofs, remove all buildings and fix bridges, propperly draw electrisity.

If you want to be able to build from a birds-eye view, go into the console and hit 'tcl', to toggle clipping/collision. You'll then be able to move around a bit easier, making it easier to see what you're doing, although I think I've had some issues snapping some pieces together.

Things needed for this:

Overall SitRep for each Settlement. (list of names / jobs)

Name your settlers. (i'm just giving them different clothing based on their job for now, it's working, but it's a huge pain in the ass)

Supply Line Management (this is my main issue) -- Being able to adjust supply lines, remove existing, etc. (having to track down the provisioner or get lucky and have them be local is WAY too much trouble)

A mouse-over on an NPC while in build mode should give a brief synopsis of their job. (QOL issue -- if the SitRep exists, this would just be icing) -- Mainly this is for figuring out which provisioner is attached to which settlement.

Overall this system seems like it was a bit rushed-out-the-door, too many (fairly basic) QOL issues have been overlooked.

Although this is an old comment, there is a mod that allows renaming settlers. There's also a more recent mod, "Don't Call me Settler", which uses the Codsworth list of names to name settlers, and some recent updates on it, gives them profession names as well. It also assigns unassigned settlers to unassigned resources. Don't know if the Settler Renaming is retroactive, or only for new settlers.

Where are my Provisioners adds a quest to the quest log which when activated shows a quest marker for every provisioner that you have. Useful for tracking down those provisoners. With that said, the best way to locate Provisoners is to follow the roads on the map where possible. Provisioners will stick to the roads where possible, unless there's a shorter route, such as between the Red Rocket and Abernathy Farm. What I would like to see is a map layer which actually shows the route a Provisioner will actually take, as even with the Where are My provisioners mod, it can be hard to hunt them down if you fast travel to try to catch up to them if you don't exactly know which route they take...

I don't know which mod adds it, but when I look at a Settler, I'm told which job or resource they are assigned to, which is nice. It would be nice if Provisioners had not only the Settlement they were attached to, but also which Settlement they were travelling to such as "Provisioner (Sanctuary - Red Rocket Truck Stop)", where the first is their home, and the second is where they travel to.

If parts of Fallout seem rushed out the door or are very basic, probably the primary reason is that the mod community for Skyrim made Bethesda lazy. Why put the time or effort into expanding the crafting options, or settlement management when modders will do it, and probably do it better.

Settler Renaming

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2017/?

Don't Call me Settler

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11306/?

Where are my Provisioners

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7835/?

To add my own thoughts on this, I would like to see a management screen (in the pipboy is fine) which lists total resources, so to use my current game as an example, I have 26 settlements with 96 People (which of course includes the Robots at Graygarden). I'd like to see total food and water production for connected settlements, as well as the Food, Water, Beds needs, which for me is 175 Food, 193 Water, 115 Beds, although since Beds are shared among settlements this is more to indicate whether I have sufficient bed space, should I move settlers around.

In the Workshops tab of the Pip Boy, I'd also like the option to click on a settlement, such as Sanctuary, and get a breakdown of who is doing what or what is being produced.

In this example, I have 21 people, which breaks down to:

- Total 21

- Farming 4

- Shops and Stores 4

- Defense 6

- Scavenging 4

- Provisioners 1

- Unassigned 2

Food production would be expanded to show how much is being worked, of the total amount in the settlement. Optionally, only show food that is currently being produced. In my Sanctuary example I'd see:

- Mutfruit 6/6

- Tato 10/10

- Corn 12/12

- Razorgrain 4/4

Water and Power is not strictly necessary to break down, but could provide number of generators and water pumps in the settlement if desired. Defense could be broken down to show you what you have:

- Machine Gun Turrets 1

- Heavy Machine Gun Turrets 3

- Spotlights 1

- Guards 6

Finally, being able to see the effects of Happiness, would be nice, though the calculation is pretty basic. If a settler has 1 Food, 1 Water, 1 Sheltered Bed, and Defense is more than I believe Total Population, Happiness is 80. Shops as well as Junkyard Dog add the extra 20, but it would be nice if it told you how a settlement was being brought down. To be honest, the Settlement Happiness calculation needs to be overhauled.