mod to separate throw grenade and weapon bash

mrfoxx

• 1 month later...

+1 million votes

I dont understand why they need to spoil a perfectly good game with unsable keybindings. They did All-in-one button to mass effect, and now: fallout.

1. Please make separate melee and grenade keys.

2. I rebinded melee/grenade to G, but Hold Breath is still on Alt. Any way to get Hold Breath to another key?

3. Please make Transfer ® function rebindable, because you want to reload after killing enemy, but instaed you enter the transfer screen.

4. And F1 -F4 for pip boy INV, DATA, STAT, MAP

update:

5. Separate V button function: change 1st/3rd person view from Enter Workshop.

6. Change Exit Workshop from Esc to Tab.

Be the hero fanbase needs right now!

1+ for all of these points! It would be an absolutely awesome mod!

YES THIS PLEASE....

From the moment the game told me melee and grenade throw are the same button I facepalmed. Who ever thought this was a good idea is the biggest troll ever.

God even on a controller this was a bad idea...

BETHESDA!

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/tumblr_nqxexloObr1rubttio1_400.gif

As I don't use grenades, I've never had this problem.

Although I play on a PC, I use an X-box controller to do so.

The way the controls are, i'm not aware of any buttons that can be spared to separate the two actions.

If all else fails, they can be on the same button, but perhaps a tap of the button=melee, and holding the button for half a second or so changes it to be a grenade throw upon release.

seriously though being of the pc master race... er... user, and having the option for a keyboard which (Not sure if any console user has noticed) has a tad more keys/buttons to use. (PLUS the simple fact the mouse is INFINATLY more precise and accurate than any controller can EVER be), one would think the options would include everything 'separate' with the OPTION to bind multiple things into 1 key (if supportable, IE: press for function A, hold for function B, double tap for function C, much like 'moving' and 'dodging' both being bound to WASD keys in many games, which ALSO happily support controller functions)

Seriously this goes in the same muck bucket as 'forced' camera angles, non-user adjustable UI's, and many other things devs put into games to 'cater' to console users.

(Not trying to be an ass here, but consoles are 2nd to pc when it comes to gaming, as in games are designed, made, written, and played on PC first, with them being developed and 'tuned' to consoles after for those who wish to play on a tv with a controller, which also happens to be another option a pc user has by default. Something like this should have been simple to implement during production/design, and really seems like a purposely omitted option for the sake of 'not' having it.)