How much RAM will I need?

So i'll buy buying a new laptop this month or next, and I already have my cpu, gpu, and all that picked out

ATI Radeon 6970M

Intel i7 2720QM

My question is, how much RAM will I need? I'll be running some 3D Modeling programs, playing Blu-ray movies, and playing games such as Skyrim (When it comes out)

I was thinking 8 GB RAM, but I don't know if that's too much.

I figured 4-8 was the sweet spot. I guess I'll just go for 8, unless 6 won't give me a major drop in performance. Edited by yoba333

Yeah, I've actually started looking at the Sager NP8170. Its funny how you spend some time looking at a laptop, and you say to yourself, "Oh this is the best gaming laptop out there! This is so cool!" and then you start looking around a bit and see something better and you're like, "Oh this is so much cooler!". This is pretty much what's happening to me. I've gone from wanting an Alienware M17x to wanting a Dell XPS 17 to wanting an Asus G73JW to wanting an Asus G73SW to wanting this Sager NP8170. I've decided to wait until early October to order this, considering no games are coming out soon that I want on PC and I won't need it to play Skyrim until November 11. That way, prices go down and I can get a little bit more money saved up for it. Thanks for your help!

I will be getting 8 GB of RAM

Edited by yoba333

Damn, I was looking at the Asus G73SW the other day and was just managing to forget about it :wallbash: I aint really got a use for it and have just built a new gaming rig, but that G73SW is shiny and we wants it, yessssss.

Can't really justify it though, might see if I can come across a secondhand one on some of the PC forums I go on, I loves a bargain.

BTW:

As regards the amount of ram, someone will come along and say " oh you'll never need all that", but hey its your laptop and if you want it, go for it.