[MOD REQUEST] Settlement Raids

lance789

I would add to this idea that losing a raid should have greater consequences.

It would be great if the enemy factions completely took over settlements with inadequate defense. So, would need to go there and take it back, freeing the imprisoned settlers that weren't killed in the initial raid.

Strange. My Sanctuary Hills Settlement has gotten raided at least three times that I can remember. And only the first one was human raiders. The second and third times, Super Mutant raiding parties attacked.

Still, the raids could've been a bit more destructive though. My Settlers made short work of them each time... Then again, the fact that I've basically blocked in the entire "island" in a heavy machine gun perimiter might have something to do with the ease of their dispatch. :P

• 3 weeks later...
Once the creation kit drops I really hope someone creates a deep and fantastic tower defence mod.

>The map is a settlement surrounded by walls with several entrances

>Waves of enemies start coming at you

>For each enemy killed you get resources

>If they breach the wall you instantly lose

>Time between each round to build defences and purchase defensive settlers

>Start with shitty enemies like radroaches and molerats

>Gets tougher and tougher with stuff like raiders, gunners, railroad, brotherhood, deathclaws

>It's pretty much designed to beat you, if somehow you manage to get really far it just starts spawning dozens of stuff like liberty primes etc

Edited by TheResistance

I would really love things such as...

• Waves, sieges and siege weapons. Sieges would actually last for days and enemy troops would have crude covers that are spawned to random spots. Also they could terrorize your water supply with radiation.
  • Enemy vertibirds.
  • Enemy vertibirds airstrikes. Maybe an air raid siren (loud noise!) would sound an alarm and your settlers would run to a designated bunker for protection. Afterwards you'd have to repair stuff, clean up shrapnel and put out fires.
  • EMPs taking down your turrets.
  • Enemy soldiers cutting out your electricity.
  • Infiltrators. Enemies that would spawn inside your camp's defenses. Only 1-3 enemies max.
  • Salients
  • Kidnappings
  • Losing your settlement to the enemy, your settlers getting imprisoned and you have to take the settlement back. Maybe you'd have to siege them as well with some settlers from your other settlements.
  • Liberty Prime is maybe too OP, but something similar, but less OP would be great. Maybe even different kinds of huge robots.
  • All of the above mixed and matched.
Edited by ZephyrGames