ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

When I first read the title I was expecting a large list of wish fulfillment stuff that I saw a lot in the Skyrim side of things, but looking at your points, I realize that you are making a great effort expanding on the game based on past features and extending current features. I hope the best for your future work.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a lot of feature will be optional why not focus on the main features (ones on all the time) get that shipped out as an alpha (for wide testing) and added each optional feature in bit at a time.

My Main problem with these mods comes down to if they will work for my machine, take project Nevada for example or Wanderers edition, I'd love to play them but I could never get them to run on my machine.

That might be because the Author recommend FOmod or Mod Organizer while I use the NMM, but if you ship out an early alpha you can test for the problems early when you have much less to debug; you'll free up further development time.

The main features are pretty simple ones to be honest, like ammo crafting, expanded mod slots for weapons and armor (including PA), and the reintroduction of the Crafting Workbench from previous games. They won't take too long to implement at all since they're mostly planned out already. An alpha will be released as soon as the aforementioned, and hopefully a few others as well, are completed.

As for your machine handling Project Resurgence, it will probably depend on how/what features you have enabled along with your graphics card and how much RAM you have dedicated to the game.

I do hope this mod becomes a reality. Though I have to ask how would cybernetic limbs work. I mean is it possible to change the model of your character's right arm while having different armors on?

I haven't thought about the details much, tbh, but I imagine that the cybernetic limbs would act in a similar way to apparel; "covering" the player's actual limb and having the model replaced with a robotic counterpart. Armor and clothes would simply go over it like any other part of the player model.

MY Machine Specs

CPU: Xeon E3-1220 v3 3.10GHz (equivalent to an i5 just without integrated graphics)

Motherboard: P9D WS

RAM: 16GB

OS; Window 10

GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual Fan 4GB

I use Nexus Mod Manager.

Really Should have another go at running Project Nevada and Wanderers Editions ( I recently went through with an upgrade since I last played F3 and FNV)

I'm completely agree with this expect the weapon durability cos' like others said it will break the game n' also this is my opinion, old classic Fallout don't have weapon durability so it's a good thing since Bethesda add those features.

Also I like to add some in your list, please make a mods that will fix the lore in Fallout 4 ( pre war jet and t60 power armor ) I think this is easy since you just need to edit the description oh I also forgot! make the soldier at the beginning game when you need address yourself wear t45 power armor not t60, and make brotherhood of steel wear t45 or t51 power armor that can fit the lore.

I know Bethesda is an arrogant when it comes to respect the lore. but hope modders can fix those.

I know this comment is a bit old, but there something I'd like to point out: Bethesda owns Fallout. They can add and take away anything they feel like.

As for T-60 PA, it was a model that was entered production to an extent but was never deployed; meaning that all the suits stayed in the Commonwealth. That's why we never heard or seen this particular model outside of Fo4. As for the jets, they're perfectly lore-friendly. The Aircraft Nuclear Propulsion program was an attempt made by the US gov to create nuclear-powered aircraft, starting 1946 and ending in '61. Like the Ford Nucelon, it never came to fruition but the creators of Fallout drew inspiration from both ideas to make pretty much every vehicle powered by nuclear reactors one way or another.

LMAO... Good luck getting this to work when the GECK comes out an the many patches ahead. Just saying yo. Can't really say "How it should've been." Cause we're not a studio or publisher, not using professional tools, not factoring in professional degrees an various areas of study needed to produce a video game or type of media for a specific or broad audience. We also don't have to distribute it or charge money for it as it's a commercial product. How it could have been, how we would like it to be, sure, noway of offending anybody that way, hence the post.

LMAO... Good luck getting this to work when the GECK comes out an the many patches ahead. Just saying yo. Can't really say "How it should've been." Cause we're not a studio or publisher, not using professional tools, not factoring in professional degrees an various areas of study needed to produce a video game or type of media for a specific or broad audience. We also don't have to distribute it or charge money for it as it's a commercial product. How it could have been, how we would like it to be, sure, noway of offending anybody that way, hence the post.

I realized after I had named the topic how presumptuous it sounded but, alas, I cannot change it. I think more people would've checked it out anyways had I named it "Project Resurgence" from the get-go.

• 4 weeks later...

There are a couple of ideas I'd like to add, realizing and apologizing in advance if forwarding them seems presumptuous considering that I am not on the team. The first is simply a fix or adjustment for automatic weapons. I see no reason why the damage per bullet should be so drastically reduced, especially because the way armor handles damage not only serves to make automatics less efficient but often less effective as well. If anything, damage should only decrease slightly due to tapped off gasses, but accuracy and recoil should be increased significantly to achieve the same lack of efficiency.

Secondly, I personally would love to see some of the older weapons make a return. Watts laser weapons can have qualitative differences besides damage dealing capability, such as an entirely different suite of modifications. The original Watts pistol had a much more streamlined design than the AEP models, which might be well served with a lower AP cost. Adding the Winchester City Killer, Widowmaker, and Pancor Jackhammer can do much to alleviate the derth of available shotguns. Similarly, the 'assault rifle' from FO4 can be shifted to a squad automatic weapon role to suit its appearance leaving the field bare for contenders like the Chinese Assault Rifle, the R line of assault rifles such as the 91, and the AK 112. Bringing back the .32 caliber round can allow the return of the .32 revolver as a quick little holdout or easy to feed alternative to the .44 magnums, and perhaps allow new pipe weapons.

Anyways, that was my two cents and unabashed begging session. Carry on.

Speaking of autofire weapons... How tough would it be to mod genuine selective-fire? I can see why Bethesda might simply have ignored it, as perhaps too fiddly, or as a weapons balance issue, but an assault rifle should be selective-fire capable, making it more flexible (and cutting down on the number of weapons you have to carry). Just a thought. =^[.]^=

Sweet lord that looks ambitious! Many of the features you've listed are on my personal "must-have-mods" - list as well. Personly im pretty much counting the seconds till the geck shows up, there is just so much to be done.

However reading your list, i realized that the features im missing in FO4 are also alot of other peoples concerns. Im sure there are gonna be quite alot of modders trying to bring back the cut out stuff and make the game a richer, deeper rpg again. I'll def come back to your thread once the geck is out, very excited where this is going. Anyways, i wish you good luck and hopefully you'll find some good modders willing to help this project. If not, im gonna learn how to script myself^^.

Cheers man