ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

"Heavy Weapons actually do their name good, weighing well past 30+ pounds and typically requiring the use of Power Armor in order to use. "

Neat! I was hoping this could be done but hadn't remembered to put it in as a mod request. Nice one!

"Laser Weapons have no recoil. Why? Because light's mass is so minute that there's no plausible way for it to actually cause recoil."

I have a mod which removes recoil from lasers/Institute weapons because I agree with that concept, but I would like to share a lesson-learned from that. It makes automatic laser weapons very OP. As soon as you do the Arcjet facility, you can just put an automatic barrel on the weapon Danse gives you and you can toss all of your other medium-short range guns So it was apparent that change unbalanced the game considerably.

To compensate, I would suggest giving laser weapons a heightened rate of Cone of Fire bloom when you shoot quickly. I would attribute it to the turbulence of the air superheating and expanding as the weapon fires and then collapsing back into itself in between shots.

Good to see you are still working on this, and thank you again for all of your effort!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

over all i like the idea but i think NV did a bad job with the weapon degent option among other things since we all know if you clean you gun it should operate better then someones thats not been clean in days weeks or years (rusted and hardly work )

this is why i like the idea of how beth added the pipe weapons into the game what made no sence is (any gun should have as much dmg as another no mater of the make or model like a battle riffle - pipe gun. only thing i would notice is it might fire slower poorer body hit ratio vs other guns (no pipe shot gun) among other things by the time you get this new form of weapon it is already out clased by the hand gun or another you might find somewhere else.. the hole weapon asp needs fixing.

having all these options you have and if this might be like MCM you should give player the ablity to turn off things they dont want. i really wish the surival asp of the game that they just added was not a lazily made gimmick that like the shity game, feels hallow. look at the mod froast, wet and cold for skyrim. it came out good far better this the new chore that beth made. i dont feel like i am surival realy all that much just more BS i have to deal with with out the ablity to save at any time fast travel ect. something i want back in the base game. it should be the player opt to use it or not.

one thing i find very lacking is YOU HAVE NO MIN-MAN WALKING AROUND. (dont want this). or in your settlements keeping them safe from raids.. (want this) and why the hell do they only cary muskets? you know how bad they area? (when npc uses them and they are not at there maxed out state)

i feel like the hole hunger and therst opt needs fixing. like if ur thrusty as all hell it should be more like it takes time (after drinking water) would it start healing u. (and drinking 10 waters at a time makes me erk... ) and eating a rib eye stake im sure i be full lil things matter and all.

hell i like to see the battle scares on my armor of where (say i got on shot, and almost died but did not.. and won in the end it. i love to see that shot in the armor peace. (like weapon degeneration)

(off sub: i find most to all clothing and armors lack luster and very poorly done. most armors i notice barely help u and others why aree they even around. (like the combat armor.. 200 + yrs would it just be junk?..

but anyway wish you luck mate

"Heavy Weapons actually do their name good, weighing well past 30+ pounds and typically requiring the use of Power Armor in order to use. "

Neat! I was hoping this could be done but hadn't remembered to put it in as a mod request. Nice one!

"Laser Weapons have no recoil. Why? Because light's mass is so minute that there's no plausible way for it to actually cause recoil."

I have a mod which removes recoil from lasers/Institute weapons because I agree with that concept, but I would like to share a lesson-learned from that. It makes automatic laser weapons very OP. As soon as you do the Arcjet facility, you can just put an automatic barrel on the weapon Danse gives you and you can toss all of your other medium-short range guns So it was apparent that change unbalanced the game considerably.

To compensate, I would suggest giving laser weapons a heightened rate of Cone of Fire bloom when you shoot quickly. I would attribute it to the turbulence of the air superheating and expanding as the weapon fires and then collapsing back into itself in between shots.

Good to see you are still working on this, and thank you again for all of your effort!

or it causes the weapon to over heat and could cause damage to you or worst case just brake and blow up casuing damage all around.. (lm thinking like the fusion core with the laser mini gun. (nver understood why you could never hook up any energy weapon tothe power in the power armor..

or it causes the weapon to overheat and could cause damage to you or worst case just brake and blow up casuing damage all around.. (lm thinking like the fusion core with the laser mini gun. (nver understood why you could never hook up any energy weapon tothe power in the power armor..

Overheating is something that is mentioned in Fallout lore regarding energy weapons, or at least laser weapons, but isn't a mechanic that has been implemented as-of-yet. Considering how much energy is required to create a laser not only powerful enough to burn flesh and melt armor, laser weapons would overheat rather quickly if fired in quick succession. The weapons actually seem to have heatsinks but aren't used as far as I can tell in any manner. Having these glow would be an indicator as to how much longer one can fire without turning the weapon into slag and a fantastic way to nerf laser weapons with a high rate of fire. Automatic laser rifles and Gatling Lasers would be penalized the most, making their use less spray-and-pray and more tactical. If I can find out how the Minigun's overheating mechanic works, I can apply it to other weapons including Lasers.

over all i like the idea but i think NV did a bad job with the weapon decent option among other things since we all know if you clean you gun it should operate better than someone's that's not been clean in days weeks or years (rusted and hardly work )

this is why i like the idea of how beth added the pipe weapons into the game what made no sense is (any gun should have as much dmg as another no matter of the make or model like a battle rifle - pipe gun. only thing i would notice is it might fire slower poorer body hit ratio vs other guns (no pipe shotgun) among other things by the time you get this new form of weapon it is already out clased by the handgun or another you might find somewhere else.. the hole weapon asp needs fixing.

This is actually false. In reality, the damage done is 60% dependant on the actual bullet while the rest depends on the gun itself. Rifling, what materials the gun is made from, the barrel length, all that and more affect just how much damage is inflicted. However, I am standardizing ammunition damage with select mods actually increasing damage along with accuracy, range, and all that jazz. However, it'll be minor boosts and receiver mods will no longer increase damage for both realism and balance.

Pipe Weapons, which will be renamed to Makeshift along with their mods, are also undergoing radical changes. First off: No automatic receivers. With shoddy construction, most couldn't handle more than a few dozen rounds before breaking much less firing them in rapid succession. Secondly: Nothing above .38 can be used in Makeshift firearms. Firing .44 magnum, .45 acp, and especially .50 BMG would obliterate whatever they're fired from as they are very powerful rounds. However, .32 ACP, 9mm, and .22LR are introduced with the mod so you'll still have a variety of ammo to choose from.

The reason for the Makeshift Firearms nerf is that they're not suppose to be good. They're crappy weapons made by people, possibly you as well, with little firearm knowledge. Making actual firearms is a very intricate and labor-intensive process requiring the use of specialized machines. Making a gun that doesn't blow up after firing is difficult without the proper knowledge and tools, not to mention extremely dangerous. However, most, but not all, makeshift weapons mods will be universal so you can use them on practically every weapon within reason. You won't be able to attach a scope to a Super Sledge but you can make a Makeshift Stock and attach it to that new gun you just found with the right know-how.

Edited by Mavrickhunter2

What this mod needs is to overhaul a lot of the perks. There are so many useless ones that could have some relevance if tweeked, buffed or reworked completely.

To list a few:

Refractor / Toughness: The perk does far to little per point to be worth it. Especially considering that when you need it the most is in the early game as it falls of the further you level and your gear improves. This perk could have it's power increase to 20 points per rank up to a maximum of 3 ranks.

Strong Back: The points that allows you to run whilst overencumbered and the point that reduces it's cost could be mashed into one. I would barely look at putting more than 2 points into this perk past level 70.

Solar Powered: To weak for having limited capability. The only usefull part here is the radiation healing as it could alleviate some cap usage on rad aways and doctor fees. The stat increase is nice, sure, but hardely relevant in combat and the healing is pointless if you take the Life Giver Perk, that doesn't only come at 30 levels earlier but will provide more health at all times untill level 70 (feel free to correct me on that math).

Nigh Person: Could be cramped into 2 perks as well as give you something extra, like increased movespeed while crouching.

Rad resistance: Same reason as Refractor / Toughness.

Lead Belly: This could be one perk, as well as an additional point that reduces the weight of food and drink. Right now it's so pathetic it's unreal. A survival feature could be that you need less food and water to keep yourself sustained.

I havn't used many of the charisma perks, but to me Part Boy/Girl and Animal Friend look really tame. Especially Part Boy/Girl. Reason why I haven't tested them.

Nerd Rage: Considering the intelligence tree goes well in hand with a Power Armor oriented build it doesn't make sense for this perk to give you DR seeing as DR does f*ck all in power armor. Should be a flat percentage, and perhaps at a higher health threshold. Atleast perk point.

Contentrated Fire / Gun-Fu: Here I feel some reworks could be made. Right now a Vats centered build benefits heavily from Perception, Agility and Luck of course. However these rank 10 perks completely counter one another.

Fortune Finder: Some might think that bonus caps are a good thing, yet it hardly gives you enough to matter seeing as enconomy management in this game is incredibly easy.

Ricochet: Not sure about you guys, but whenever this thing goes of it's allways a "Oh, did it? Okay." type of moment. Havn't been crucial in saving my life once.

There are just a few recommendations, i'd probably tweek more than half of the perks here but I havn't played with them all as much. I tend to go for Power Armor type builds because they just seem so superior to anything else. I suppose if you really enjoy the sneak style it's possibly quite viable as well, as long as you remember to pay attention.

Edited by Colactic

Pipe Weapons, which will be renamed to Makeshift along with their mods, are also undergoing radical changes. First off: No automatic receivers. With shoddy construction, most could handle more than a few dozen rounds before breaking much less firing them in rapid succession. Secondly: Nothing above .38 can be used in Makeshift firearms. Firing .44 magnum, .45 acp, and especially .50 BMG would obliterate whatever they're fired from as they are very powerful rounds. However, .32 ACP, 9mm, and .22LR are introduced with the mod so you'll still have a variety of ammo to choose from.

The reason for the Makeshift Firearms nerf is that they're not suppose to be good. They're crappy weapons made by people, possibly you as well, with little firearm knowledge. Making actual firearms is a very intricate and labor-intensive process requiring the use of specialized machines. Making a gun that doesn't blow up after firing is difficult without the proper knowledge and tools, not to mention extremely dangerous. However, most, but not all, makeshift weapons mods will be universal so you can use them on practically every weapon within reason. You won't be able to attach a scope to a Super Sledge but you can make a Makeshift Stock and attach it to that new gun you just found with the right know-how.

I love this - ty for taking it up! Given how fast you are getting actual guns, I don't think this will harm the player's progression at all. But it will add a great degree of immersion by taking out one of the most egregious immersion-breakers :D

What this mod needs is to overhaul a lot of the perks. There are so many useless ones that could have some relevance if tweeked, buffed or reworked completely.

To list a few:

Refractor / Toughness: The perk does far to little per point to be worth it. Especially considering that when you need it the most is in the early game as it falls of the further you level and your gear improves. This perk could have it's power increase to 20 points per rank up to a maximum of 3 ranks.

Strong Back: The points that allows you to run whilst overencumbered and the point that reduces it's cost could be mashed into one. I would barely look at putting more than 2 points into this perk past level 70.

Solar Powered: To weak for having limited capability. The only usefull part here is the radiation healing as it could alleviate some cap usage on rad aways and doctor fees. The stat increase is nice, sure, but hardely relevant in combat and the healing is pointless if you take the Life Giver Perk, that doesn't only come at 30 levels earlier but will provide more health at all times untill level 70 (feel free to correct me on that math).

Nigh Person: Could be cramped into 2 perks as well as give you something extra, like increased movespeed while crouching.

Rad resistance: Same reason as Refractor / Toughness.

Lead Belly: This could be one perk, as well as an additional point that reduces the weight of food and drink. Right now it's so pathetic it's unreal. A survival feature could be that you need less food and water to keep yourself sustained.

I havn't used many of the charisma perks, but to me Part Boy/Girl and Animal Friend look really tame. Especially Part Boy/Girl. Reason why I haven't tested them.

Nerd Rage: Considering the intelligence tree goes well in hand with a Power Armor oriented build it doesn't make sense for this perk to give you DR seeing as DR does f*ck all in power armor. Should be a flat percentage, and perhaps at a higher health threshold. Atleast perk point.

Contentrated Fire / Gun-Fu: Here I feel some reworks could be made. Right now a Vats centered build benefits heavily from Perception, Agility and Luck of course. However these rank 10 perks completely counter one another.

Fortune Finder: Some might think that bonus caps are a good thing, yet it hardly gives you enough to matter seeing as enconomy management in this game is incredibly easy.

Ricochet: Not sure about you guys, but whenever this thing goes of it's allways a "Oh, did it? Okay." type of moment. Havn't been crucial in saving my life once.

There are just a few recommendations, i'd probably tweek more than half of the perks here but I havn't played with them all as much. I tend to go for Power Armor type builds because they just seem so superior to anything else. I suppose if you really enjoy the sneak style it's possibly quite viable as well, as long as you remember to pay attention.

You can, in fact, sneak in power armor. NO, REALLY. Clank clank clank clank clank past guards and turrets.

....may I suggest that "No sneaking in power armor" be taking up for consideration in this mod? Because it is officially totally ridiculous.

Oh jesus christ no, please no garbage degradation system. I always hated degradation systems from how god damn awful they are, especially in the fallout games.

I once heard about an old guy who thought horse and buggy were better than any automobile. One holiday, this old guy won a Model T in a raffle. It was delivered to his home and the old guy was not impressed. But he set to work and in two weeks he had stripped out every piece of equipment that wasn't needed, hitched up his horses and was proud of his new buggy.

Mavrickhunter2, thank you for bringing back that memory.

Edited by RattleAndGrind

To list a few:...

Reworked perks are something that is definitely going to be included as vanilla's perks, as you pointed out, are rather lack-luster and flat-out useless at times. What you pointed out will be taken into consideration.

I haven't mentioned this much but Legendary effects are getting an overhaul as well. Some are getting converted into perks, such as Instigating, Hitman, Troubleshooter, Enraging, and Berserker to name a few. Some will be challenge rewards, for doing X a number of times or killing a certain amount of Y, while others will be simply available as choosable perks.

A document pertaining to adjusted and/or new perks will be made in due time, a link will be added to the form when it is.

I love this - ty for taking it up! Given how fast you are getting actual guns, I don't think this will harm the player's progression at all. But it will add a great degree of immersion by taking out one of the most egregious immersion-breakers :D

You're welcome! ^^ Bethesda meant well with Pipe weapons but, like many things in Fallout 4, they weren't done very well. Seeing level 30+ Super Mutants and Raiders with Pipe weapons only for them to mow me down is something I find ridiculous especially when wearing Combat or Power Armor.

As for player progress, I agree. If anything, Pipe weapons should be ditched as soon as the player comes across an actual gun; not used throughout the entire game.

You can, in fact, sneak in power armor. NO, REALLY. Clank clank clank clank clank past guards and turrets.

....may I suggest that "No sneaking in power armor" be taking up for consideration in this mod? Because it is officially totally ridiculous.

Yes, yes you may. Walking around in a giant mechanized suit would incredibly loud and draw attention attention wherever you go, making sneaking practically impossible. However, most people would know to stay away from Power Armor so that would act as a sort of counter-balance for the inability to sneak about in it. Unless they're being attacked/slaughtered, most factions will actively avoid confronting those in PA.

On the other side, however, some factions, such as the Rust Devils, BoS, and Super Mutants wouldn't be afraid of PA users and willing engage in combat.

Oh jesus christ no, please no garbage degradation system. I always hated degradation systems from how god damn awful they are, especially in the fallout games.

Believe it or not, some people actually enjoy the degradation system as it adds to the immersion. However, it is understandable the others don't find it desirable and as such, item degradation, along with a number of other options, will be optional and be toggable through an in-game feature manager.

I once heard about an old guy who thought horse and buggy were better than any automobile. One holiday, this old guy won a Model T in a raffle. It was delivered to his home and the old guy was not impressed. But he set to work and in two weeks he has stripped out every piece of equipment that wasn't needed, hitched up his horses and was proud of his new buggy.

Mavrickhunter2, thank you for bringing back that memory.

That is both one of the most entertaining and encouraging comments I have ever gotten! Means a lot and only furthers my desire to make the mod the best I can.

A status update with planned features/changes will be posted soon enough, so keep an eye out for it!