ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

You Choose: The perfect mod

DopeChuck

I'm gonna try to keep this pretty short because I have Fallout 4 just waiting the be played, and the Brotherhood of Steel aren't going to help themselves (for some reason.)

What kind of mods are YOU looking for in Fallout 4? I already know what mod I'm releasing. But what kind of mod do you guys want to see when the GECK comes out? More quests? Maybe a companion? You can never have enough weapons, right?

Fallout 4 is finally out and I'm already working on pre-dev planning of my mod. From dialogue to ideas to scripts. I'm working on the idea that the Fallout 4 GECK will be similar to Skyrims Creation Kit since they both run on the Creation Engine.

I don't think there is such a thing as a "Perfect" mod since they typically all compliment each other for a unique experience, but I guess holistically, anything that cutifies and animefies are my favorites lol. It'd be nice if Type 3 Female Body and Black Rock Shooter from New Vegas came over but I'm not holding my breath for the second one.

More cute clothes with better armor ratings would be nice, as would be better character creator options like being able to create younger looking or more anime style looking characters.

Also maybe things that make "Sneak" a more viable playstyle, and better/more weapon options.

Edited by neonie

what mod i would like to see?
one mod i like to see is the settlement stats got move from the pip-boy to the map so when you musover a settlement then you can see the stats there also some crafting mods could be nice also since im a furry some full-body furry Skins mod could be really nice ^_^.

A real survival mode where you must eat, sleep and drink to stay alive. Combined with a mod where you can set small campfires and tents when your out too late at night, and cant make it to your settlements. And maybe a mod so i can telt dogmeat to stay attack or find something without standing in his Face. Edited by Faalronaan

keybinding can be chance now with a mod and i seen som UI mods as well about the NPCs walking away from quest i have not seen that yet and i been playing for 63 hours

Congratulations.

AHK breaks VATS and some other things for me, and, frankly, I didn't pay for this to do months of beta testing.

Also, AHK can't fix "everything buttons" like command/store/upmenu in construction or the bash/grenade button.

Edited by Merovign

Settlement Overhaul Mod:

• I want my choices with food producing to acutally mean something. Right now I just instantly produce tamto, corn, and mutfruits so I can go straight for the adhesive making.
  • More advanced stations, IE a station that requires cetain "base" resources to create more crafting material like adhesive, aluminium ETC
  • Clipping, goes without saying but obviously.
  • Food diversity actually matters, more different kinds of food are a good thing.
  • Fix brahims. (seriously, I have no idea what they do or why they are in the resource category)
  • Add fishing for places with water.
  • More items to place for decoration.
  • Supply routes actually need to be protected, follow the road (as much as possible), and can also be raided.
  • Mercenaries that can be paid to protect settlements and supply routes.
  • Better settler inventory management (I saw someone on this forum suggest this, basically a unified UI with all your settlers where you can manage what they are wearing and what they are using)
  • Better Settler Management (same as above except you can see where everyone is assigned and reassign them as necessary)
  • Manual and Auto rename settlers (If set to auto it renames the settler based on job and possibly random name, IE Farmer Joe)
  • Allow orange items to be fixed (though still looking old and worn), and moved as wanted (If I want to create a car scrpyard then let me XD)
  • Better electricity options, (seriously, the windmill is not even worth it, it always produces 3 electrictiy which is quite bad)
  • Non electrical lighting (how are laterns and firepits not buidable in vanilla, seriously?)
  • Better settlement feedback, IE brief lines telling you what is wrong or an issue in the workshop data section.

There is just so many areas of the settlement system that can and need to be improved on and plainly ovehauled

Before modding can be relatively safe, these are the prerequisites for me to install even the simplest of FO4 mods:

1) A major patch from Bethsoft addressing the bugs in the game with the release version, and adding a "Data Files" section to the launcher that allows sorting the load order. Mods installed into games prior to a major patch, or the installation of DLC, stand a very good chance of being broken after the patch. Responsible mod authors will continue to support their mods by updating them accordingly so that they will work with new versions of the game. However, we cannot assume that all mod authors will act responsibly. Many authors usually mod something to fit their playstyle and preferences, and then release it in Steam Workshop or here at Nexus Mods.

2) Fallout 4 Script Extender: An absolute must. dskod1's wishlist alone (which I would also like to see implemented, but we're going to have to wait quite a while), if modded and installed, would add *thousands* of scripts to the game files. Hopefully the SKSE folks are working on this.

3) SaveTool for FO4: Perhaps the most important requirement. There is no way, that I've ever found, to use mods in a Bethesda game without this absolutely crucial tool. Even the simplest of mods (Workshop Planters, for example) use scripts. When you install any type of mod that uses scripts, there is a good chance that another seemingly unrelated mod might alter those same scripts. If you're lucky, that just means that the last-loaded mod will take precedence. That usually isn't the case. The game may freeze, CTD on loading saves, or any number of game-stopping behaviors.

No problem, right? You just go into NMM or MO and uninstall the mod. Everything is restored to the way it was, right? The answer is usually "NO". So, you are faced with something like "All my saves are corrupt, help!" posts all over the different forums. SaveTool is not a miracle worker, but it fixes 95% of these issues by cleaning your saves after you have installed and uninstalled a mod that uses 1 or more scripts or script packages. Without this tool, many such problems and conflicts may force you to start fresh with a new vanilla install of the vanilla game.

Final note: Kudos to Bethsoft for a great game :) And curse them for releasing it (and misusing their creativity) on an outdated, obsolete game engine :(