Autoexecute console command on game start

gutko

I have a console command "setfog" to be specific and Id like to run it once every time game starts. I dont want to make bat with it because it would require manual start anyway. It should run automaticaly.

There was a oblivion mod that tried to do this http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/34360/? but i have no idea how to acheive it in F4. OR maybe it can be done with some ini file?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

@CobraL0rd

1st. create a text document in fallout 4 main folder (where the launcher is)

2. inside that new text document, put "setfog" at the very top (without quotation marks)

3. now save the new text document and rename the new text document to "fog" (again without quotation marks)

4. now go back to fallout4.ini - locate where you put the starting console command, and change it to look like this:

[General]

sStartingConsoleCommand=bat fog

now every time you fire up fallout, it will automatically run the fog text document (meaning whatever is in that document will get executed as a console command) and it should work, the console will not load anything that is in quotation marks

Note: it executes console commands right before the main options appear

Note: the above is just an example, you can rename the text document to anything, as long as in the starting console command matches the name of the text document, also you can put any number of console commands in a single text document, you could even run every single console command in 1 text document if you wanted, although i do not recommend this, especially not at launch, else you will be waiting a long time before you can even play the game, for multiple command in 1 text document, they must be all in a nice neat line, so you would press enter after each command in the text document.

Edited by Guest

• 2 years later...