Alternate Start?

DreamingOfWar

Personally, I would love a modification like this. It's basically the same as Skyrims - Alternate Start "Live Another Life".

However, I have no idea when something like this would be available and I have no modding experience what so ever. Has anyone contemplated to make this yet? Or is the Creation Kit needed?

I was thinking something like this. The example here is that the player does not want to have a main quest or anything to do with the pre - war era.

1) Character is seen viewing the Wasteland for the first time. (Same as when you exit).

2) If you do not want the main quest - you can disable it.

3) If you disable the main quest - dialogue to do with your wife or Shaun are disabled. (Not sure how this would work).

How hard would this be to do? I honestly dislike the idea of having a wife and kid - and I am sure a lot of people do too.

This almost certainly requires the FO4 GECK.

Also, this is a bit awkward to implement from a lore point of view. All the main quest dialogues regarding

getting revenge of Kellogg, finding Shaun and destroying the Institute

would still be there.

Damn. I don't know how it would work then. I honestly don't want to play the Main Quest - however in the standard version it feels forced.

This might be possible to do allthough it will be quite the task, I hate it when stories like this is forced upon the player. At the very least there should have been another story to choose from as well. This is basically the only thing I disklike about the game, had bethesda built upon a simillar story with what Obsidian did in New Vegas it could have been an even more powerful story.

Edited by mpaquasar

Also, this is a bit awkward to implement from a lore point of view. All the main quest dialogues regarding

would still be there.

I had an idea for an alternate start actually, you see the bomb go off and unable to get into the vault if you tell the salesman no, and wake up in the institute as a synth just not knowing it~ :p

would still be there.

I had an idea for an alternate start actually, you see the bomb go off and unable to get into the vault if you tell the salesman no, and wake up in the institute as a synth just not knowing it~ :tongue:

That's actually really smart.

• 1 month later...

I'm also waiting for an Alternate Start mod that allows bypassing the intro sequence and the main quest, maybe even without disabling it (e.g. talk to somebody to start it in case you change your mind - as for the remarks about Kellogg and Shaun, I'll just ignore them).

Another thing that I'd like is a more "realistic" world, replacing deathclows and other monsters with humans, mercs...

Well, let's hope the new GECK comes out soon!

This is pretty much what happened with FO3, a mod just made the intro sequence seem like a dream that you could wake up from. Then it gave you different options to start from. No matter what we're stuck with Shaun, but someone should be able to make a mod similar to FO3's.