What loot isn't worth picking up?

peteed1985

The answer depends heavily on what you craft the most of.

In general, though, wood and steel. These are normally found in abundance wherever you create a settlement, with very few exceptions. Rubber, glass, and concrete are also extremely easy to find in close proximity to most construction zones. Don't bother picking up any of the above while scavenging unless they're attached to something that you need (less common but still important resources like screws, oil, adhesive, aluminum, or leather), and you'll still always have plenty to go around.

Edited by Wrath_Of_Deadguy01

What about guns and armour? I always find myself looting all guns and raider armour and the like. I regularly get half a building done and the only thing I use buffout and the other STR items for is so I can run outside and map travel back to drop off and salvage and stuff. All my armour has to be pocketed and then its still not enough.

Which weapons or armor pieces I pick up is more of a weight/value/desirability judgment based on level and scarcity.

Some items that are worth picking up earlier on (mostly low-tier weapons and armor bits) suffer from a total loss of value once you start running into higher-tier loot drops and once you start needing more crafting resources. At about level 20 I no longer picked up pipe weapons or leather armors to sell because they just weren't worth it anymore. By level 30 I'd completely stopped picking up any weapons or armor unless something had a mod on it that I wanted to transfer to another item, or if I got a legendary drop- instead, I just took the ammo and drugs off dead baddies and filled the rest of my inventory up with crafting resources. I kept doing that until about level 40, after which I stopped picking up crafting loot as well (I had my favorite weapons and armor fully modded, and all the settlements I actually cared about were well established) and only picked up ammo, drugs, and special named items (because even legendary drops weren't anything special by then).

Which weapons or armor pieces I pick up is more of a weight/value/desirability judgment based on level and scarcity.

Some items that are worth picking up earlier on (mostly low-tier weapons and armor bits) suffer from a total loss of value once you start running into higher-tier loot drops and once you start needing more crafting resources. At about level 20 I no longer picked up pipe weapons or leather armors to sell because they just weren't worth it anymore. By level 30 I'd completely stopped picking up any weapons or armor unless something had a mod on it that I wanted to transfer to another item, or if I got a legendary drop- instead, I just took the ammo and drugs off dead baddies and filled the rest of my inventory up with crafting resources. I kept doing that until about level 40, after which I stopped picking up crafting loot as well (I had my favorite weapons and armor fully modded, and all the settlements I actually cared about were well established) and only picked up ammo, drugs, and special named items (because even legendary drops weren't anything special by then).

How do you transfer mods? I scrap the weapon and seem to scrap the mods too :(

How do you transfer mods? I scrap the weapon and seem to scrap the mods too :sad:

The way I've done this is by building the default/standard variants of the mods, so the mods will be placed in your inventory. Next time you are going to put them on your weapon, it does not say "build" the mod but "equip" the mod. However, building the standard version also requires those precious materials so I too would be interested if you could just unequip a mod