Problems with Qarls Texture Pack III Full v1_3_OMOD

mmmbuddah23

So I tried recently installing this mod with NMM but after downloading all the parts and installing / activating them they just have a inactive symbol to the left and a thumbs up with a red line through it to the left of the mod name, anyone have any ideas? I am relatively new to modding, and doing it manually, I would need a step by step walkthrough in fear of breaking everything....which is why I prefer to use the NMM. Any help would be appreciated.

NMM will most likely not handle .omod files properly. You need to use some other manager or find a version of Qarl's Texture Pack III that comes in loose files instead.

Edit: Or .bsa version, which is still just normal game files, but in a packed format. If there are any. Probably not.

Edited by PhilippePetain

You have a choice ... either use Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM) to install all mods that come as an OMOD download or use OBMM to extract the downloaded OMOD back into it's files and folder and then manually install.

Notice that in the case of OMOD distributed mods all your options start with OBMM.

want to share,

for me whats work is : first I install Mod Organizer and separate every mod installed with each folder (it's pretty neat and handy!!)

then search in Mod Organizer mod with wildcard this '*.es' (without quote) CUT ALL ESP & ESM found, then PASTE IN DATA FOLDER

after that, install wrye bash and BOSS. create the infamous BASHED PATCH !!

finaly using OBMM to install omod such as all natural, sensual walk, tamriel traveler

done

@lubronbrons - I figured it out ^^. Wasn't too difficult actually, just looked more daunting than it really was.

Just downloaded them all manually one by one, extracted them to the obmm mod folder, activated with obmm, pretty simple actually. Looks more difficult than it really was =P. Thanks for the responses tho!