ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Overhauled Raiders of the Commonwealth (ORC) Discussion Thread

Indigoblade

Just a few ideas off the top of my head:

- Tech-savvy raiders, weak but spawn with robot bodyguards (protectrons, gutsies or sentrybots). Could also own suicide bomber molerats or dogs.

- Ghoul raiders. Surely not all non-ferals are upstanding, law-abiding citizens?

- Hermits. While most raiders form gangs, these guys are tough enough to make it on their own. They could populate the empty shacks in the rural areas of the commonwealth and act as mini bosses.

There are a few ghoul Raiders but specifically placed there. Yeah I'd like to add them into other camps though

Tech based raiders are Gunners

Hermits are a bit harder to implement but let me think

Edited by Indigoblade

hello great idea love your ideas, a lot of diversity is alway better;

You could have some slavers, in 170 hours in fallout 4 never saw one

Cannibals gang could be very cool with uglly faces and déformation (you can do a very character i saw so i think it's possible to create ugly raiders to? no?) i actually don't know a lot about mods that's why i ask

• 2 weeks later...

hello great idea love your ideas, a lot of diversity is alway better;

You could have some slavers, in 170 hours in fallout 4 never saw one

Cannibals gang could be very cool with uglly faces and déformation (you can do a very character i saw so i think it's possible to create ugly raiders to? no?) i actually don't know a lot about mods that's why i ask

Thank you for the complement

As for slavers and cannibals, those ideas are nice but are hard to implement as an enemy type. What is special about being a cannibal or a slaver? What advantages you get for being them?

Faces however I can make a ton of them, and I intend to

Also added in half a dozen new types that are doable in the first post as well as expanded ideas for the mods

As you said, raiders make a living killing other people... get rid of any raiders below level 8 or so. No raider should have an endurance stats below 5. Keep in mind the player is human and the raiders are AI... make people at a disadvantage in the start and have to *gasp* put some effort in to beating raiders at a low level. If people dont like it, they can always turn it down to easy until they get a good weapon/perk setup. I would like a challenge. Maybe include a hard mode where raiders start no lower then level 10 or so?

Nope. As you can see throughout the wasteland, raider attrition is fairly high as they are targets for super mutants, gunners, synths and later on BOS and the revived Minutemen. Raiders have a relatively short life span in many areas, very few are going live long enough to reach high level. So it is entirely appropriate that you have at least some lower level raiders - after all, they have to start somewhere. If they live they get higher level, but raiders are going to go through a lot of 1-10 level guys to get those higher level guys.

As you said, raiders make a living killing other people... get rid of any raiders below level 8 or so. No raider should have an endurance stats below 5. Keep in mind the player is human and the raiders are AI... make people at a disadvantage in the start and have to *gasp* put some effort in to beating raiders at a low level. If people dont like it, they can always turn it down to easy until they get a good weapon/perk setup. I would like a challenge. Maybe include a hard mode where raiders start no lower then level 10 or so?

Nope. As you can see throughout the wasteland, raider attrition is fairly high as they are targets for super mutants, gunners, synths and later on BOS and the revived Minutemen. Raiders have a relatively short life span in many areas, very few are going live long enough to reach high level. So it is entirely appropriate that you have at least some lower level raiders - after all, they have to start somewhere. If they live they get higher level, but raiders are going to go through a lot of 1-10 level guys to get those higher level guys.

I agree with this somewhat, Raiders are supposed to be the weaker faction hunting the less organized factions. However if we look at Raiders objectively, they are way below what is acceptable for a faction is compared to the other factions. At best this mod makes them almost comparable to the other factions, but should still lose to them in the end. Making Raiders super powerful is not what this mod intends to do, I intend to diversify and make every Raider encounter unique and tactical, similar to that I did for OBIS.

On Raider patrols, I think they should be part scouting parties that should focus on the area they are from/protecting. Also allows for ambushes on the SS if the patrol returns to help their compatriots.

Since FO4 is a bit denser than Skyrim I am not sure where to place these new patrol routes, especially since a good majority of the Raider areas are unlisted but I will see what I can do when I get my hands on the CK. I would however like to add in new spawns for Raiders in general, making their numbers threatening.

Also thought of a new Raider type, one that poisons people as they attack! Makes poison more relevant. Names I feel are a bit iffy, but solid enough to work. Feedback on the names are greatly appreciated

EDIT: Also, boss ideas! I don't want my random bosses to repeat themselves so give me ideas for random bosses! Names, personality, weapon preferences, give me what you got!

Edited by Indigoblade

What I thought was lacking that New Vegas tried to address was the idea of Raider "culture"

You had the Fiends, a raider clan, and they could be talked to on some missions, even made passive in certain areas. Though having that level of interaction might be overkill, I'd at least like to see different factions for raiders, vying for power, feuding with each other. It doesn't really make sense that there are just "raiders" everywhere that don't create an identity for themselves. Maybe it could be as simple as adding a prefix raider name to raiders depending on region where they spawn?

Hey, this looks like a really interesting mod. Having raider gangs sounds fantastic, (It would be great to indicate these by having gang colours for the armour and bandannas) however forgive me for saying that I don't really like your concept of the raider "classes" as it doesn't seem very natural to me. What would, as others have said, really up the effectiveness of raiders is boosting the AI. It would also be fantastic to see some sort of moral system in place, the raiders running after taking damage or seeing comrades die.