We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

A mod so Alistair can live without having to sleep with Morrigan

mysticwitch

I have the ps3 dao and I've never finished it because I don't want to make Alistair to sleep with Morrigan. A friend, not knowing I have it on ps3, gave me a pc copy. I will so totally play it on my pc if I could find this kind of mod. I've been trying to find one the last couple days and I'm surprised there already isn't one. Unless I am not looking in the right places or if its even possible to make such a mod. I know nothing about modding.

Please and super duper thank you :)

Huh, that's going to be tricky. It would most likely require fiddling with many triggers from the Landsmeet on... If you just want Alistair not to do the ritual with Morrigan, there are several options in the game (beware, spoilers ahead):

- if your Warden is male, have him do the ritual with Morrigan - both he and Alistair will survive;

- refuse the ritual - whichever Warden deals the killing blow will die;

- conscript Loghain into the Wardens (Alistair will be furious) and have him do the ritual - everyone will survive;

- conscript Loghain into the Wardens (Alistair will be furious) and have him deal the killing blow - he will die.

Sadly, that's it. It is very unlikely a modder will make such a change. First, it is very complicated, secondly, it leaves a serious lore gap. Just out of curiosity, why do you want to refuse Morrigan's help? Kieran is harmless (and cute, but that's off-topic). Still, good luck with your project!

lol i always do that. i am always faithful to my alistair. i expect no less of him and although i love the morrigan character, i ain't into sharing my man for any reason. so whether i make alistair king or not, loghain dies at the landsmeet only to be revived before heading to the rooftops.

Well, I would do so, too. (By the way I didn't know this possibility during my first three walkthroughs.) But, if I remember correctly, there's still about 40% of the game to play after the farewell at the gates. I would miss Alistair so much all the remaining time after the gates... Sigh. For this reason I have to bit the bullet.

I take him with me all the way to fort drakon. before transitioning to the rooftop to kill the archdemon I add loghain to my party and set Alistair back in camp. that way he is with me almost to the end. :)

• 1 month later...

I take him with me all the way to fort drakon. before transitioning to the rooftop to kill the archdemon I add loghain to my party and set Alistair back in camp. that way he is with me almost to the end. :smile:

Äh - how do you set Alistair back in camp? I only know how to add Loghain.

Edit: I just found on my own the order to open the select party window.

Edited by rosvitacousland