Corruption, Thy Name is Console?

Moksha8088

I think they've had complaints about the most basic of console wrecks: resurrect player. If you die and hit player.resurrect, not even reloading will save you from what comes next...

Most of Fallout/Elder Scrolls veterans learned this lesson long ago, but i'm sure there are a lot of people that just discovered console commands.

FO4 console is too similar to Skyrim's to believe Bethesda about anything new that could screw everything up.

Edited by Zarrastro

I think they've had complaints about the most basic of console wrecks: resurrect player. If you die and hit player.resurrect, not even reloading will save you from what comes next...

Most of Fallout/Elder Scrolls veterans learned this lesson long ago, but i'm sure there are a lot of people that just discovered console commands.

FO4 console is too similar to Skyrim's to believe Bethesda about anything new that could screw everything up.

Well, now you've aroused my curiosity. What happens with resurrect player?

Well, now you've aroused my curiosity. What happens with resurrect player?

The game basically freaks out. I think it is because many of the scripts are player-dependent.

For example, the player might disappear or show up in T-Pose. Even after loading another save, weapons cannot be used and a lot of weird glitches start to happen. And then there is dismemberment.

You can try it. just make sure you don't save anything and hit qqq when you're done :)

I believe putting a 1 after resurrect (like this -> "resurrect 1") might be more stable in case of NPC's, and a little more stable with the player. But no, you cant resurrect after death. Gotta load...

Of course you can break the game via the console. That should be fairly obvious.

That said it's not like ANY use of console commands has some random percentage of corrupting a save. What he means is that the console has the potential to mess up if you mess around too much with the wrong commands in the wrong places.

Typically that means doing "impossible" things that wouldn't be doable without the console rather than replicating something that would be doable within the game rules.

If you spawn in a non-quest item for example - that is about as safe as it gets.

If you use console commands to open a door that only can normally open during a main quest on the other hand... you might ruin triggers that the game uses to progress the story for example - and you might get stuck there later.

-Stigma