distant lod?

theuseless

I want to make my castle look good from far away. I understand that distant lod comes into play on this. I also see that some meshes don't load as quickly as others. Some meshes will load from far away while others don't load until near. Is this a property of NifSkope? I have retextured many pieces and some will load from afar while some others won't load until you are right on top of them.

I understand that creating low poly models and setting them as distant load files will make them apparent from afar, but not all my stuff has low poly. If there is a setting in NifSkope that will make ancastlecourtcircle01.nif look like groundbladetraight.nif from a small distance, I would like to apply the properties.

Any real help will get the customary kudos,

theuseless

Distant LOD is define by *_far.nif files. Copy the desired low poly mesh and remame it to your custom castle nif name, ie. mycustomcastle_far.nif, and then run TES4LODGen. I would not do this unless the mesh is similar to your custom one, though. In that case it would be better to just make a copy of your castle .nif and add the _far suffix to it. It will work just as well, better in fact, but won't be low poly.