We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Fixed walls/Better options for settlement crafting.

Tenchimusaki

Hello everyone!

Basically I like the settlement system in Fallout but it's way too limited. The walls I make from scratch look distressed and thrown together? When I cut down the trees, I melted the steel, there's really no reason for it except to match the other stuff that's been around for 200 years. But hell, I'm making NEW.

How about street lamps? Why can't I level the ground or set a flat foundation anywhere I want for easy leveling? Why can't I tear up concrete foundations and roads? Why can't I fix gaping holes in the wall? Even if I can't make glass I should be able to put up shutters or board it up.

Why can't I fix up a car? I'm from that time period. Or a motorcycle? Why can't I claim a vacant vault and fix THAT up?

Sometimes I look at the design of these games and just think to myself: Yeah, it's the wasteland....did the apocalypse destroy all the brooms? Get your sh&t together and pick up a little. It's been 200 years, Jesus.

Seriously though ANY of this would be cool to see. I've already seen stuff to get rid of the leaves and random dirt piles. THANKS YOU FOR THAT!!! But this would be nice too.

is there a mod that makes small items not fall through desks, floors, or fall over or end up outside the house i placed them in? because this s#*! is really getting on my nerves. i place the lamp, vase, whatever, and everything is fine i leave and come back and its halfway through the table after, or its inmeshed in the floor.