Settlement build zone adjustment tutorial for FO4edit

jet4571

@Xylozi There are more than one activator for most settlements, you may need to adjust more.

@StuykGaming Changing what's in cells is no more a "no-no" than changing anything else. Modding esp files for FO4 right now can lead to corrupt saves no matter what the mod changes, it's the nature of the beast. Even after the CK is released you will get mods made with it that can cause your save to be destroyed so even then it isn't %100 safe.

Would adding items to cells be possible? I am almost done making a few magazines that I want to place at various pubs and bars and need a way to get them in there.

Without official editor the easiest way is to place your items near existing ones and slightly adjust (X,Y,Z).

Find some object on a table for example where you want to put your stuff, click on it in console and remember FormID. Load your plugin in xEdit, enter FormID field into search field (left top corner), make sure that found REFR record is not persistent, then copy it as new record into your plugin. Replace "NAME - Base Object" with your item, adjust position/rotation, and remove any other subrecords if any, also clear Record Flags too is there is something set just in case. Your REFR record should only contain NAME and DATA subrecords.

As always, thanks for the guidance zilav. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Since you know so much about fo4edit, I have a difficult question for you: How can I make a mod that returns all components when scrapping a built item? (E.g. a floor or a roof) So that I'm able to scrap and rebuild as many times as I want without losing resources (I don't want a cheat that simply adds a bunch of each item, it's way too easy)

• 5 months later...

The problem I'm having is trying to expand RedRocket to the bridge. It keeps stopping at the car near the bridge. Same for Sanctuary, it will not go past the car/dead dog on other side of bridge. Did find that if I set Sanct 05 too high, game CTD.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...