real shelters

chocolino

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but I have rain occlusion on and I can still see the rain when I'm inside some of my houses. All of my shelters have ceilings but I guess that isn't a factor when determining if it should rain or not in a particular place. And even if I can't see the rain drops inside, all the floors are completely wet.... I can understand why you take radiation inside though, that makes sense and I wouldn't want it any other way... but the rain, I hope there will be a mod for that.

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but I have rain occlusion on and I can still see the rain when I'm inside some of my houses. All of my shelters have ceilings but I guess that isn't a factor when determining if it should rain or not in a particular place. And even if I can't see the rain drops inside, all the floors are completely wet.... I can understand why you take radiation inside though, that makes sense and I wouldn't want it any other way... but the rain, I hope there will be a mod for that.

It's your game settings. On lower settings the rain will show inside. On higher settings the rain will be hidden when inside..

It's your game settings. On lower settings the rain will show inside. On higher settings the rain will be hidden when inside..

You mean all settings? I have a combination of medium, high and ultra. I know there is an option for rain occlusion, which supposedly won't have rain show up inside, but I still get wet floors in every house I make and even inside The Castle. In some cases I still see the rain drops too. That's why I'm wondering if it's a bug because I don't think that option is working as intended..

Edited by pinkytwist

• 3 weeks later...

It's not a settings thing aside from the one setting that you can choose. It seems to depend on the roof type you use and whether or not there are multiple stories. For instance, none of my buildings with metal roofs show rain, but my single-story wood roofs do. The first floor of my 2 story wooden buildings (where the upstairs floor is the downstairs ceiling) don't show rain, but the upstairs does. I assume it's supposed to be realistic, what with all of the holes in the wooden rooftops, but it's still a bit annoying.

Also, and this may only be with the mod I'm using (True Storms) but I also notice that in some places, it completely depends on what direction I'm facing. You can see rain under something that you shouldn't while facing some North to West or something, but not South to East (just an example).

Edit: Actually, a little bit of rain seems to get through the metal roofs as well. Just much less compared to the wooden ones.

Edited by Maleficus04

Maleficus04, do a quick test if you will: go somewhere flat, build a long corridor out of metal or wooden elements (the ones with 3 walls so you don't have to work a lot. Make it 6+ elements, then go to one end of it and look towards the other. Force rain weather (in console type fw 1ca7e4), and tell me if you can see the rain going thru the roof. You can try stacking elements to test the multi-story thing as well.