Degradation of Weapons and armors please!

maredark3d

I cant believe that feature, degradation of armors and weapons isn't on Fallout 4 :/, would be nice to see a mod about it, I know a mod of Skyrim really cool names Loot and Degradation I really think that kind of mods are just perfect for immersion, please, feel free to comment about :)

Skyrim mod (Loot and degradation): http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55677/?

Oh, please! I'm jumping on the band wagon. I so agree with AngryJoe's review missing weapon degradation and armor. Please can someone make this mod! : ) at 20:13 https://youtu.be/aorKjw71ckQ

…..(¯`v´¯)
….. ·.¸.·´
… ¸.·´
.. (
☻/
/▌
/ \

,--------------,                      L.,------, ,--'                ______/(______( (________,------==========.    (###========\_________--===-----=======================|                 ,',""""\ ,-+-_   __,___,____,____,____,___|                 |=|     \ \ )_) (  )__,____,____,____,____|                 |=|      \ \  | |    )====)     `:__      |                 |__\      \ \_) |   /====/          \     |                            `----'  /====/            \[JW]|                                    `-._/             :____|
Edited by ntblood

As much as I liked it (got used to) in FO3, I'm kind of not missing it. Though it would still be cool if it were done right. I had mod for FO3 that allowed you to use practical misc item like tin cans and tire irons to repair your weapons. With the new crafting system, I'm sure will have something like this before long.

Edited by Nebrule

Although i like the idea of Armour degradation (Being shot at and all that) Firearms in real life don't actually degrade all that much at all, it always broke my immersion in fo3 that i had to fix my hunting rifle constantly when realistically I shouldn't have to after such little use. A better idea in my opinion would to have different tiers of ammo condition (Pristine pre-war, well handmade, shoddy handmade etc.) the quality of the ammo would have different percentage chances of misfires or jamming.You could even combine this with your idea, lupus666, and have misfires damage your receiver effecting fire rate or damage menaing you'd have to replace or repair it. All in all though im really happy they've got rid of this feature, not in skyrim though if i'm smacking swords against s#*! all day its gonna get pretty blunt and need some maintenance, loot an degredation became an essential mod for me.

Although i like the idea of Armour degradation (Being shot at and all that) Firearms in real life don't actually degrade all that much at all, it always broke my immersion in fo3 that i had to fix my hunting rifle constantly when realistically I shouldn't have to after such little use. A better idea in my opinion would to have different tiers of ammo condition (Pristine pre-war, well handmade, shoddy handmade etc.) the quality of the ammo would have different percentage chances of misfires or jamming.You could even combine this with your idea, lupus666, and have misfires damage your receiver effecting fire rate or damage menaing you'd have to replace or repair it. All in all though im really happy they've got rid of this feature, not in skyrim though if i'm smacking swords against s*** all day its gonna get pretty blunt and need some maintenance, loot an degredation became an essential mod for me.

I agree that firearms don't degrade that much when just fired from because that's their purpouse, but guns need some maintenance like cleaning from time to time to avoid jams, in real life most vulnerable parts would be probably springs in magazines due to material consumption leading to misfeed the gun. In Fallout 4 there is an option to bash somebody with a buttstock and that is something that guns aren't designed to do (mostly) I think this could be the main cause of weapon degradation to be more authentic, or realistic, but anyways i still miss the weapon degradation.

Pipe weapons will definitely degrade, they are not "industrial" made and the material wich they are made has not been built for the use.

On the other hand, original weapon can still need minor repairing during time, but not that much.

Still, an iron pipe used used to shoot 12 gauge or as automatic rifle... i don't belive wil last long :)