Please make a mod that lets your settlement be attacked.

ThePekarske

Your settlements can already be attacked in the Vanilla game. If you haven't seen any attacks yet, you're either lucky or haven't been playing too far into it. I see my settlements getting attacked quite often, even if I'm away I'll get a notification that "such and such settlement is being attacked!"

Yeah it's frustrating for that exact reason. You build up your main settlement and pretty much leave the others alone hoping for a huge battle at your main settlement, but instead it's the weakest ones that usually seem to get attacked.

I'm not sure if this was an intentional design choice for raiders to attack the least-defended settlements, but it is what seems to happen for me at least. The only real fix at the moment is to make all of your settlements have at least some protection, but I'm not sure if even that is a real solution. One the Creation Kit comes out, I'm sure that it will be easy to increase the rates of attacks.

Yeah it's frustrating for that exact reason. You build up your main settlement and pretty much leave the others alone hoping for a huge battle at your main settlement, but instead it's the weakest ones that usually seem to get attacked.

I'm not sure if this was an intentional design choice for raiders to attack the least-defended settlements, but it is what seems to happen for me at least. The only real fix at the moment is to make all of your settlements have at least some protection, but I'm not sure if even that is a real solution. One the Creation Kit comes out, I'm sure that it will be easy to increase the rates of attacks.

I was going to add to the previous comment that I think if your defense is high, it actually doesn't get attacked as much.

If it's by design wouldn't it actually make sense though? When you go and attack a place, one with super high defenses vs one with low defenses, wouldn't you go for the one with low defenses (assuming you're not level 50 and very geared anyway) It's human (or mutant as the case may be) nature to be deterred when you see 50 turrets and guards around a settlement.