*Spoiler warning* [wip] pip-boy institute teleporter into a time machine

randydg

I still kind of think that would take a lot out of the story. I mean, part of the Sole Survivor is also a revenge story if you play your cards right. It would also still leave quite a bit of dialogue to change, as well as differences in outcomes. But this idea is quite a good deal better than the last one, and does show some promise. I think it might work depending on how you swing things.

P.S. I have done many mods for other games, but I've never asks for opinions on them before doing them. I've had probably 5 - 10 mods in my life have a great review the rest where average score. I guess you will always have haters. and telling someone they never mooded before is just being a troll. you have no idea what I have done.

Considering how you've acted in response to criticism, I showed what I feel is justified skepticism. Perhapse if you acted in a more professional manner, or provided proof of this modding past, i'd be more receptive to the claim.

@randydg:

Yea, you also get your own Courser Chip installed into your Pip-Boy after you've been to the institute. It's what allows you to connect to the teleporter and teleport between the Institute and the Commonwealth.

@Danneyo: You could still act out the revenge for Kellogg taking your kid. Might take

a little out of the story, but not nearly as much as changing the timeline altogether.

agreed. I will somehow work it out where your other half survives and your son is still lost. I think I can work it in a way where it would make sense. I just hate games where you loose everybody. It can make you turn away from who you really are and be a monster.

This way if they don't loose their other half and still loose their son the player still has a reason to be angry and go out in the world and find their son.

like dragon age 2. Where you loose nearly your entire family. sister/brother mother father etc..

My thoughts are basically that family is a good place to start when it comes to revenge stories like this. For the player, something like 30% is for revenge, while 70% is for your son. Even at the end of the game, a huge moment is the characters realization that he or she can never go back to that perfect family they had, and now has to work to make the best of the current situation, which I like as far as messages go. Being able to save your partner just kinda undermines all of that.

How does this work.. One of the scientist at vault 111 was assigned a vault-tec experiment..

To copy all the minds of the frozen residence into a large database ( will add a new room in vault 111 for it.) Where you can download her/him and copy her into a synth.. Does that work for you?

I think this is a much better idea. It doesn't mess with the story line and you can still have her. and if you play your cards right, you can have your synth kid to.

Happy endings do happen :smile: lol

Also I would probably go against the institue since they don't want synths outside. So I would

Go with Bos and blow up the institue that way they can't use a command and control them

Edited by randydg

I guess my problem is just bringing back the other person in any form. I'd love to see perhapse a trippy sequence where the PC is haunted by memories, or perhapse a simulation similar to Memory Lane and the Den where the PC can relive moments with the other, but just bringing them back entirely (And what you're suggesting basically does that) just doesn't mesh. Although these are just my personal gripes.