Anybody Game On A Mac ?

Marthos

Huh. I had thought the only game a mac would run was minesweeper lol

They don't make as many games for Mac, right? So isn't it better to just play a PC?

To add a bit of balance to this thread....

I own both a decent gaming PC AND a MacBook Pro, and I can assure you that those who are saying the Mac won't run games, and is only fit for word processing or Facebook, are completely wrong.

For example, I booted my Macbook Pro into BootCamp and Fallout 3 defaulted to 'Ultra High Settings'. I've also run a reasonably modded up Oblivion under Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro. To be honest, I'd quite happily play games on the MBP were it not for the small screen. So I jump over to my PC for games most of the time.

To describe Macs as useless and worthless is plain wrong, which is why they are extensively used in business, the media, music and the Arts. OK, they are expensive, but you get what you pay for. My MBP has depreciated by less than 40% in the three years since I bought it (i.e I could sell it today for 60% of what I paid for it), has NEVER crashed, the latest OS costs £30, has never had a virus and has zero driver issues. Does my gaming PC have those boasts? Not a chance!

To add a bit of balance to this thread....

I own both a decent gaming PC AND a MacBook Pro, and I can assure you that those who are saying the Mac won't run games, and is only fit for word processing or Facebook, are completely wrong.

For example, I booted my Macbook Pro into BootCamp and Fallout 3 defaulted to 'Ultra High Settings'. I've also run a reasonably modded up Oblivion under Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro. To be honest, I'd quite happily play games on the MBP were it not for the small screen. So I jump over to my PC for games most of the time.

To describe Macs as useless and worthless is plain wrong, which is why they are extensively used in business, the media, music and the Arts. OK, they are expensive, but you get what you pay for. My MBP has depreciated by less than 40% in the three years since I bought it (i.e I could sell it today for 60% of what I paid for it), has NEVER crashed, the latest OS costs £30, has never had a virus and has zero driver issues. Does my gaming PC have those boasts? Not a chance!

The only difference between a Mac and a PC is the operating system, they are built from the same parts and in the same sweatshops as the likes of HP. There is no good reason why they should cost well over twice the price of a equivalent PC, they may be used by some arty types but they are too costly for every day business use, I rarely see one on my travels.