[WIP] The Spartan Project V2

Deleted1848331User

***PROJECT SHELVED.***

The Spartan Project V2

This is a continuation of the work of

Brandon98 and his team's The Spartan Project. We are using the resources they were going to use for V2, but never got around to doing, as well.

Bethesda Softworks Official Forums Thread

Active Team Members

Helpers/Have helped

• LHammonds - Made the _gnd models for the Mark VII Helmet and Armor
  • alonsomartinez - Is currently helping with animation stuff
  • _CDM - Gave me permission to use and modify the script he used for his Amulet of Shielding mod
  • TehBuddha - Helping with textures

Inactive Team Members

Team members still needed!

• Texturers (Needed very much!)
  • Modellers (More modellers couldn't hurt...)
  • Writers (Stories, quests, books, etc...)

Send applications for the above jobs to [email protected].

The Story

A strange "ship" of sorts is near Anvil. Odd creatures with alien bows are attacking. You decide to go to Anvil, and see for yourself. Nearing Anvil, you see a floating purple object, with a pinkish beam glowing and hitting the ground. And then you see the creatures floating down the strange beam. Seeing this phenomenon, you go in for a closer look. Upon nearing, you hear a high-pitched squeal, and turn around to see an odd biped creature in an orange suit-type armor, and wearing a mask. When it squealed, another four came. They pull out strange, blue bows, and green projectiles come flying at you. You jump over the rock in front of you, but get hit by one of them. Since you were wearing armor, you were unhurt, but it left a hole in your armor, and you felt heat through it. Deciding you cannot take these strange beings, you run for it, and head to the strange beam. As soon as the beam touches you, you fly up inside. Arriving in a strange hallway, you run down it and come into a large room. Strange metal things are there, and purple iridescent crates. Or you guess they're crates. You run over to a metal object, and hide inside of it. As soon as you jump in, glowing controls pop into existence, and you have no clue what they do. Pressing one, you hear a click, and to your dismay, you're locked in. Hopelessly, you wait inside the object, and drift into sleep...

Hours later...

Waking up, you find the top is now unlocked. Opening it, you hop out and run to a... door? You don't know, but running over near it, it glows and shifts open. Another hallway. You decide to see where it goes, and see it leads back to where you started. Where the beam was, there was a closed hatch. You see a panel a few feet away, and go and press it. The hatch opens, and you see water below you. From behind, you hear the sound of one of those doors opening, and more of those creatures you saw earlier, lead by an even stranger creature about one and a half feet taller than you, come out. The taller one sees you, and pulls an even stranger bow out than the biped ones did earlier. This one fired blue projectiles, unlike the others, which fired green ones. Sensing it was a life or death moment, you jump into the sea below, hoping you survive...

Current Progress

This will be updated whenever we get things done.

Models - 20%

Textures - 12%

Landmass - 0%

Quests - 0%

Scripts - 0%

Planning - 70%

Project has been shelved due to lack of willing team members, due to the fact that its really only Genzel and myself working on it. So, it has been put on hold, perhaps forever, perhaps not...

Edited by Guest

Well, if we were to get an animator, we could create gun animations out of the bow animations, but that would conflict with all bow related mods, and besides that, there are different ways the gun is held in Halo. To answer your question about the gun modelled staves, I'm not sure. We'll most likely end up with staves, however. I'd like to do this for FO3 (Not New Vegas, I refuse to get Steam :unsure:), but 1. it crashes whenever I try to play and 2. most of the models are for this, oh, and 3. vehicles aren't supported in FO3 :thumbsup:

Banshees, hornets, pelicans, etc are possible, and we have the mongoose already. They're going to be horses, unless we can get an animator to make new animations for them (which we would like to do.)

To give you a date for when it will be done, before Skyrim (hopefully.)

• 1 month later...
From a glance at another posting a couple of days back, there are unused animation slots for left-handed versions of staff weapons, maybe for bow too - you may be able to use those for non-Oblivion weaponry.

• 1 month later...
Awww... And I was just getting my hopes up. I guess there's just not enough people who are eager to help, or do what they signed up to do. I can tell you I am not doing any modelling or texturing. I do plan on learning everything there is about programming, so when I get enough experience, if this is recontinued and you need another scripter, I will gladly help. However, I may not be able to do much for about a year. Here's hoping you won't need my help to really finish this project.