Console commands for ADDING and EQUIPING on NCPs?

thestigma

Hey all,

I am currently using the trick of dressing up my settlers for particular job to keep some semblance of organization - but I find that manually equipping them is a bit of a chore.

Does there exist commands that would let you add items to an NPC and then a command to equip that item? I'd love it if I could make a bat file that could let me do everything all-in-one after selecting an NPC in console. Haven't seen such commands in the small lists of console commands I've seen so far - but it seems like something that would exist in the engire... so I hope that maybe some modders here will have run across something like this.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

(I should be able to make the bats myself if I know the correct commands)

-Stigma

I know in Skyrim, you could click on the npc (with the console open), and then type "additem itemidhere itemquantity" and then to equip it, "equipitem itemid". Fallout 4 uses similar console commands, so I would try those out, and see if they work.

I know in Skyrim, you could click on the npc (with the console open), and then type "additem itemidhere itemquantity" and then to equip it, "equipitem itemid". Fallout 4 uses similar console commands, so I would try those out, and see if they work.

Thanks - I will experiment :)

-Stigma

Its not faster unless you make it into a txt file and run it as bat on settlers.

additem (Itemid)

equipitem (itemid)

Thats it. I only use equipitem on settlers like doctors and stuff where you cant access their trade menu, otherwise its normally just easier to player.additem yourself and do it manually.

yea the equipitem works fine it seems, so it should be easy to make a bat that in one shot can spawn a set of "farmer clothes" and equip that set on a new settler assuming you first select them in the console.

That seems like it would cut down on a lot of the tedium of manally talking to all of them and organizing their inventories.

-Stigma

additem baseID [quantity]

equipitem baseID [0|1]

Don't forget ammo, use the quantity for additem. I guess maybe you can leave it off and it will default to 1, but I always put at least 1. As for equipitem, if you put a 1 after the baseID it will theoretically lock the item equipped so the actor won't change it (until the ammo runs out if it is a weapon.)

Also if needed, if you need to manually trade with an NPC who doesn't give you the option (settlers assigned as vendors sometimes stop letting you trade with them), click on them in console and then use

openactorcontainer 1