ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

AMD framerate control problems

Karstedt

I've seen people have used RadeonPro as well as the framerate control target in the Crimson AMD drivers to cap framerate after disabling vsync, but neither work for me. I tried both windowed and fullscreen with both but my framerate still goes way over the limit. Any ideas on why this doesn't work for me?

The old AMD Catalyst did not work for me. The new Crimson thing worked for me, once. After a reboot it stopped working. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled Crimson again and it worked once and then stopped, again... Not going to keep uninstalling and reinstalling, so I gave up. Oh, and I had to use the full uninstaller from Guru 3d to get it to really uninstall. I also had to remove and add the FO4 exe a few times. Oh, and sometimes the game-specific overdrive settings will mysteriously be applied to the default settings and need to be removed. So, overall, typical for AMD drivers. I can't wait until nVidia properly supports frame-packing stereoscopic rendering (the only kind that really runs at full-resolution). I've been waiting for that one feature to jump ship from this crappy AMD software.

Use the ENB method to limit your framerate. That works fine. If you limit to anything other than 30 or 60 you'll discover slight hitching with the intro movies, not really a big deal, but the game itself runs fine.