Updated Launcher will disable MODS on launch, find a fix here.

Gameaholic

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get why Bethesda is such hypocrites when it comes to the modding community.

Does this affect things like custom textures and sounds? Is there a workaround for those of us who installed everything manually?

That's a good question, I installed my mods manually. I guess the script extender will solve that.

http://f4se.silverlock.org/

Edited by TellisArgonis

Well i know eventually the way to play a modded Skyrim was via SKSE launcher so i can see that the FOSE ( Fallout 4 Script Extender) will be the way to go, especially once GECK is released.

The sheer volume, passion and effort thats gone into the Mods so far for FO4 has been breathtaking. I have been overwhelmed and maybe Bethesda is just trying to keep up with their fixes and updates, not excusing my intense frustration today..hehe.

It is still fairly early days so i will take a deeep breath, calm down and prey in a month or two from now i will giggle at this.

At least i still have lots of 'Lets Play' vids by Gopher to enjoy XD

He is just so awesome and fun to watch!! i am in giggles everytime i watch. Funniest moment was today when that hovering bot thingy screamed " oh my god we are all gonna Die!" which was that goofy radio DJ for Diamond city and Gopher about lept out of oh his vault suit! hehe XD

for anyone else who might run into this problem, apparently the new patch is just the "Fallout 4 Beta Patch" and the new Launcher unchecks the .esp files. the way I got it to work was after installing my mods, go to the "Plugins Tab" on NMM check all the .esp files. set plugins.txt to Read Only (before launching Fallout 4) mine was under (Windows Start Button, Computer\Local Disk\users\your name\app data\local\fallout4) you might have to turn on View Hidden Files, just google how to do that for your OS. to install new mods you have to uncheck Read Only. but now it runs fine using the default "updated launcher"

My OS (Windows 7 x64)

This worked for me...

1. Started Fallout 4's Launcher then stopped

2. Started NMM and enabled and checked my mods

3. made Read only (computer/user/yourname/app date(makeunhiden)/local/fallout4/plugins.txt)

4. Hit play on Fallout 4's Launcher and loaded last quicksave

5. tested it by getting into then out of my power armor, and then checking that my carry weight was modded, and it was! Woot (had to make sure i loaded my mods in the order I wanted)

ty Viatus !!!!!!! :laugh:

Did a test were i booted game up with out nmm and i had to get in.out of power armor to fix my carry weight, but other mods were working, when i exit the game i get an error....o well

Edited by KeeperCommander