How hard would it be to fix Roach's missing white eyeball when equipped with Caparison of Lament?

Chronoid

I've asked on CDPR's official forum but never got a response from anyone who could actually confirm whether or not this was a bug. I've posted on other sites like GameFAQs. I've waited nearly a bit over a month for CDPR to release a quick patch and that still hasn't occurred. I've scoured Google to see if anyone else is even raising a fuss over this and literally the only two hits I get are the exact same posts I've made on GameFAQs and CDPR forums.

I must be the only one on the planet who is extremely annoyed that Roach is missing an eyeball whenever I equip Caparison of Lament. He just has one freaking white eye, which contradicts the description on the official WIKIA PAGE. I love this saddle. I love the look of it. I love the added gameplay effect. I want to use it. But not if it comes with a missing eye texture....or is it mesh? I don't even know the correct term.

So now I've resorted to this. I was wondering if it were possible to just fix the damn problem myself by modding it. But this comes with a problem: I am a complete newbie when it comes to modding games. Is it possible to do? What would I have to do? What tutorials can I look up to fix this very specific problem? I can teach myself but I don't know where to even start looking to get the required materials to do so.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

he's supposed to be missing an eye. also the black cloud effect is supposed to be a swarm of insects lol.

​honestly I found it befitting of an undead horse to be missing an eyeball, kinda cool actually :tongue:

Can't be intended. While the eye is missing altogether in Velen, in Toussaint the eye is there, it's just a normal eye is all.

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

While I regret to be that guy who's reviving an old thread, I bring good news nonetheless: this issue with Roach's eyes has bugged me ever since I first discovered the Caparison of Lament myself. The saddle looks pretty darn awesome, but that little detail is more than annoying, at least to me. So finally, since nobody else wanted to address it, I created a mod which fixes the problem and returns both eyes to normal (regardless of location).

Caparison of Lament Fix

Cheers,

Thraxx

Edited by ThraxxMedia