Teach me how to create a companion please.

Extrem3

Well buy Skyrim, watch videos on how to, an use the Ck main page, or hell, just use the Ck - main page http://www.creationkit.com/Main_Page - You would look up information there on what all this stuff in FO4Edit (xEdit Alpha release) plenty of it will be listed as unknown, cause *ahem* WHE GOT NO IDEARZ WHAT IT IS, LOL well at least not yet, but companions are prolly the same as Skyrim save a few minor changes. So really besides the Ck main page the other tool would either be downloading mods that have companions created an reverse engineering that, also giving you someone to ask questions an be friends with. Make some mod, an get 1000 downloads an there's modder forum boards here. The Bethesda Forums have always had very talented people in the past games as well, no hidden forum there. Between that an the mod authors that you talked with. Then also reverse engineering the vanilla companions. An easy way would be to duplicate one an start editing it, cause it should work just the same, maybe not such a big deal that the voice is the same. Don't forget to make backup copies of what you made, an everything you downloaded, put it on DVD an when those are too small get bluray 25Gb discs not as expensive, an back up your steam game installs too, yeah it will do that, so we don't download it again ever, an with the making of a mod if there's a mistake we can go back, take pictures too, 5 years from now it would be fun to have an archive of your modder journey. Then you know if you want a job in game development, better have something to show them. blah blah blah, mini nuke explosion! die everyone :P

There's only a few things that are more easy to create with the Cs/Ck/Geck, TESEdit does the rest, an often many things that the Cs/Ck/Geck can't do, otherwise making our favorite mods impossible. After that remains TESnip, much harder, an safe despite theorized problems in the past. I could create one in under an hour, but only because in the long term if we learn to make mods for many years, 6 years an counting in my case, while not knowing everything, we can pretty much do anything. Granted, not everyone might approach it that way, but it's not a situation to say "The simple answer is, you can't" it's just not true, the real question is if the OP is willing to work for it, an that's how it begins. 2 months of using FO4Edit (xEdit Alpha Release) for example, then the GECK comes out, try to do the same thing with the GECK an many people will just do it the easy way with FO4Edit, LOL. But naysay if you feel the urge.

First of all thank you for your replies.
Now, I used to make followers for Skyrim, it was super easy because the CK already had pretty much everything there.
The current FO4Edit PreRelease Alpha does not, however. For example, there's no "Actor" tab under Fallout4.esm and that complicates things. (For noobs at least).
The thing is, people have already made a few follower mods, so there IS a way. So my only question is, is anyone who knows how to do it willing to share some of their tricks? :]
That'd be just great.

Edit: Okay there is an actor tab, it's called 'non-player character' or sth like that. "BOTLANNER" helped me tremendously, I think I got it from here. Thank you everyone.

Edited by Extrem3