Alternate merchant stalls

VirgilPerrin

I'd really like to be able to place merchants in areas where the large stalls won't fit, like in the lower floor of Starlight Drive in or similar locations. They should have animations to suit (so they're not leaning on thin air), perhaps even give them the freedom to wander short distances around their designated stall so they're not totally stationary.

Just a thought.

Agreed, this is one I'd really like to see. While there is some charm to having guys who sell medical services or missile launchers out of post-apocalyptic lemonade stands, it would be great if there were options that were just small tables or counters instead, or even an invisible or otherwise subtle floor-mat so your shop's settlements didn't look different from the shops found in Diamond City.

For example, Sunshine Tidings Co-op has a pretty well-decorated clinic by default (at least by wasteland standards), so it's a shame you can't just clear out a desk and and assign a settler to stand around in that building to be a doctor. Similarly, it's not too hard to decorate a prefab as a bar or pub, so if the food/bar vendor could just a simple counter (maybe with some non-interactive bottles and such stuck on it for decoration) that would be perfect.

Personally, I haven't had much luck using those cash registers on any surface. The mod author recommends using another mod that allows for more precise placement of objects, but the other mod is a bit more tedious to use than I'd prefer to deal with. However, Homemaker, which should be something you try out anyway, has placeable rugs that you can use for merchants. They stand slightly behind them at the moment, so they won't be right in front of whatever object you place the rug behind, but they should still easily be in range to barter with.

Edited by Maleficus04

Personally, I haven't had much luck using those cash registers on any surface. The mod author recommends using another mod that allows for more precise placement of objects, but the other mod is a bit more tedious to use than I'd prefer to deal with. However, Homemaker, which should be something you try out anyway, has placeable rugs that you can use for merchants. They stand slightly behind them at the moment, so they won't be right in front of whatever object you place the rug behind, but they should still easily be in range to barter with.

You have to replace the register first then slide a bar/counter under it. But yeah I agree, even with Simple Intersections I couldn't find anything to fit under the first aid kit properly.

Definitely need Place In Red to make it look ok.