More Cannonballs Mod?

JuniperMucius

Maybe a weird request, but I thought of it after seeing Ominus' Expanded Resource Shipments mod, I thought doing something similar with cannonballs would be cool?

I LOVE the Broadsider, and I want to be able to use it more than sparingly. I could use console commands, but that's not fun. I like that my character has to put some work into it by at least having the caps to buy the cannonballs. I was thinking that instead of it being a rare stock, it could be more comon? Certain vendors could have them? Like Arturo and Ronnie?

Uhh just forget I posted here. I'm tired.

If this is super simple, is there a pretty good walkthrough so people like myself can make the changes as a mod and even upload it? I mean if I can learn how to root an old Android phone I can learn how to adjust loot tables in Fallout 4 right? xD

Huh, I must have quoted you moments after you edited.

Edited by JuniperMucius

It is probably rather easy even now, but since we (and the 3rd party editor makers) don't know everything about the changes Bethesda made to the game engine since Skyrim, there's a slight change of save game corruption when using mods made by said 3rd party editors. For this very reason, I'm keeping plugin files out of my game until the mods have been remade with the Fallout 4 Creation Kit.

Uhh just forget I posted here. I'm tired.

If this is super simple, is there a pretty good walkthrough so people like myself can make the changes as a mod and even upload it? I mean if I can learn how to root an old Android phone I can learn how to adjust loot tables in Fallout 4 right? xD

Huh, I must have quoted you moments after you edited.

I don't know of any walkthroughs, but yes it is simple. I was going to offer to do it, which you probably saw, but then I realized I'd have to build compatibility patches for it and took back the offer. If you come talk to me in the nexus chat (I spend most of the day in there while I'm modding) I'll do it for you, so that you're available for questions while I'm changing files.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ehxteaec1gz5qgx/MoreCannonballs.esp?dl=0

Here's a simple file that changes the vendor ammo lists to stock 5 stacks of from 5-9 cannonballs instead of 1-2 stacks of 3-7 cannonballs. I don't want to keep this updated/working with other mods, or bother fiddling with it more and causing even more places to be potential conflicts, so if anyone else wants to take it up feel free to use it as the base if you need it.

(I only checked it on one npc - Trashcan Carla, who had 37 cannonballs instead of 3)

Here's a simple file that changes the vendor ammo lists to stock 5 stacks of from 5-9 cannonballs instead of 1-2 stacks of 3-7 cannonballs. I don't want to keep this updated/working with other mods, or bother fiddling with it more and causing even more places to be potential conflicts, so if anyone else wants to take it up feel free to use it as the base if you need it.

(I only checked it on one npc - Trashcan Carla, who had 37 cannonballs instead of 3)j

Thanks so much

(I only checked it on one npc - Trashcan Carla, who had 37 cannonballs instead of 3)

Thank you so much!