Could someone please help me with Batched Patch?

mileafly

I am trying to mod my Oblivion and I am using the TES Mod Manager (which I think is the new Oblivion Mod Manager(?))

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5010/?

However I am at a loss at what to do when it comes to "Batched Patches".

I am trying to install Weather - All Natural

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/18305/?

However the last step in the install process is to make some sort of "Batched Patch" and install it and I have no idea how or what to do at this point :/

Is there some kind soul here who could please guide me through this process?

These are the installation instructions in the readme:

"Installation Using Oblivion Mod Manager

9. Uninstall any previous version of All Natural or any of the supported mods (Natural Interiors, Real Lights, Natural Weather, Enhanced Weather, AWS) that are installed.
10. Create the .omod in OBMM using the provided .omod conversion data.
11. Activate All Natural with OBMM and follow the directions.
12. Place the .esps in the correct load order (see the Load Order section).
13. Activate the plugins you installed.
14. Rebuild your Bashed Patch, selecting “Import Cells” from “All Natural.esp”. If you installed either the Filter Patch or Shivering Isles AN options, also select “Import Cells” from “All Natural - SI.esp” and “All Natural - Indoor Weather Filter For Mods.esp”."

Edited by mileafly

Wrye Bash is the only way to create a bashed patch. What Wrye Bash does is take all of the conflicting parts of your installed mods and creates a combined "mod" out of them (the bashed patch ... which is just an ESP). It then puts the bashed patch at the bottom of your load order so that the bashed patch changes overwrite everything higher up in the load order.

One of the tools it uses when deciding what records from which mods should "win" the conflict is something called bashed tags (the Import Cells from your post), so it uses load order and bashed tags to get your mods playing nice with one another.

Wrye Bash is one of the original mod managers, but it is far more than just that ... more like a swiss army knife for modding. The best place to learn more about Wrye Bash is to download the Standalone Executable to a folder and extract it with 7-Zip. In the Mopy\Docs folder you'll find two HTML files, Wrye Bash General Readme.html and Wrye Bash Advanced Readme.html ... almost everything I know about Wrye Bash comes from those two files.

Wrye Bash is the only way to create a bashed patch. What Wrye Bash does is take all of the conflicting parts of your installed mods and creates a combined "mod" out of them (the bashed patch ... which is just an ESP). It then puts the bashed patch at the bottom of your load order so that the bashed patch changes overwrite everything higher up in the load order.

One of the tools it uses when deciding what records from which mods should "win" the conflict is something called bashed tags (the Import Cells from your post), so it uses load order and bashed tags to get your mods playing nice with one another.

Wrye Bash is one of the original mod managers, but it is far more than just that ... more like a swiss army knife for modding. The best place to learn more about Wrye Bash is to download the Standalone Executable to a folder and extract it with 7-Zip. In the Mopy\Docs folder you'll find two HTML files, Wrye Bash General Readme.html and Wrye Bash Advanced Readme.html ... almost everything I know about Wrye Bash comes from those two files.

So I can use both Wrye Bash and TES Mod Manager at the same time?

There is not step by step guide on how to do this?

Do I need to make a new Batched Patch every time I install new mods also?

Edited by mileafly

Yes, as far as I know you can use TES Mod Manager together with Wrye Bash (but I know absolutely nothing about TES Mod Manager, so don't consider that the last word on using them together).

There wouldn't be much to a step by step guide. After you install Wrye Bash you sort your load order with BOSS (or manually move your mods in the list on Wrye Bash's Mods tab, making sure to have the bashed patch at the bottom unless you know you have a mod that needs to be after the bashed patch), right click on the bashed patch and select rebuild (I use the C Bash method myself). Give it some time to work ... unless you know otherwise accept it's recommendations for the bashed patch, give it some more time to finish and then close Wrye Bash.

Every time you install or uninstall a mod it's the same ... BOSS then rebuild.